[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News - Jan 28, 2017

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Sat Jan 28 10:34:52 PST 2017

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Parish Logo]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
January 28, 2017

________________________________
Gabriel's Gifts Food Pantry Drive - Jan 28 & 29
Our monthly food pantry collection for Mercy's Gate is this weekend. Needed food items include: baking ingredients, boxed meals (Hamburger Helper, Pasta Helper, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, etc.), canned vegetables (please no corn or green beans), canned fruit, large cans of Chunky soup and chili, crackers, jelly, Ramen noodles, canned meats and pasta (Spam, canned ham, tuna, Spaghetti-O's) and spaghetti sauce. Needed nonfood items include: deodorant, face soap, personal hygiene products, shampoo, toothbrushes, tooth paste, sandwich size plastic bags and laundry detergent.
________________________________
Knights of Columbus Monthly Breakfast
The monthly K of C breakfast is this Sunday (1/29) after the 8:30 Mass.  Breakfast is provided free of charge by our Knights of Columbus council.  Donations accepted.
________________________________
A Beacon of Faith - Mission Forward - Wine and Dessert Evening
Join us for a one-night small group meeting to discuss the future building and capital campaign, "Mission Forward". It will be an evening of information and sharing the good news about the work the Holy Spirit is accomplishing through our parish!   We will also enjoy Wine and Desserts together.
These evenings are meant to be informative, but also a joy filled time to meet other parishioners who, like you, help make our mission successful.  Our gatherings are limited to just 30 guests and will be held in the overflow at church.  Our presentation, along with some time to answer your questions, should last no longer than an hour.
Choose One Small group meeting time to attend<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/a-beacon-of-faith-mission-forward-wine-and-dessert-evening-tickets-31109831343>:
January 31 - 6:30pm
Feb 1 - 7:00pm
Feb. 2 - 6:30pm (Child Care Provided) RSVP
Feb. 3 - 6:30pm (Child Care Provided) RSVP
[Attend Event  (Click Here)]<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/a-beacon-of-faith-mission-forward-wine-and-dessert-evening-tickets-31109831343>Please sign up by clicking here<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/a-beacon-of-faith-mission-forward-wine-and-dessert-evening-tickets-31109831343> or at the sign up tables in the Narthex over the next two weekends.

Sign Ups in the Narthex will be on Jan. 14-15 and Jan. 21-22.

Online Resource Links

*   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

*   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

*   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend:
Sat-Sun: Second Collection for the Church in Latin America.
Sat-Sun: Bin Drop Off for Gabriel's Gifts after all Masses.
Sun: Knights of Columbus Free Breakfast after 8:30 Mass.
Upcoming Events:
Mon, Jan 30: Ephesians: Discover Your Inheritance Bible Study 7 pm.
Tues, Jan 31: The Bible and the Virgin Mary Bible Study 9:30-11:30 am.
Tues, Jan 31: Building & Capital Campaign small group discussion 6:30.
Wed, Feb 1: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am - 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour at 2 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction start at 6:40 pm.
Wed, Feb 1: Magnificat Moms Meeting 9-11:30 am.
Wed, Feb 1: Building & Capital Campaign small group discussion 7:00.
Wed, Feb 1: K of C 4th Degree Meeting 7 pm.
Wed, Feb 1: Spanish Baptism Class 7 pm.
Thur, Feb 2: Building & Capital Campaign small group discussion 6:30.
Fri, Feb 3: First Friday Adoration from 10 am to noon.
Fri, Feb 3: Reading/discussion group for The Diary of St. Faustina in the Library after 12:15 Mass.
Fri, Feb 3: Altar Server Training 6:30-8:30 pm.
Fri, Feb 3: Building & Capital Campaign small group discussion 6:30.
Sat, Feb 4: Altar Server Training 10am-12pm.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>