[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel Parish News

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Thu May 25 14:49:34 PDT 2017

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
May 26, 2017

________________________________

Beacon of Faith Commitment Cards

The Beacon of Faith Campaign is well on its way. Our campaign will take involvement and participation by all to be a success! Please send in your Commitment Cards as soon as possible so we can know everyone's intentions.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

Why do we support the Building campaign?    A reflection from….
 One of the things I have reflected on is as our own personal families grow, we may have to expand our own homes and cars, etc. to meet the new needs we face. I have found that whatever changes I have had to make over the years, and may have worried about, somehow the changes were made and all the needs were met with room to spare. Another reflection I have made that somewhat baffles me, although it shouldn't, is that whenever I have decided to donate funds for whatever cause I always have an abundance left over.  It reminds me of the loaves and fishes.  The apostles didn't know how to feed all the people yet after Jesus had blessed the gifts, the people ate and had an abundance of leftovers.  It appears that our parish family is growing and we need to make changes to accommodate the accompanying needs.  What a blessed problem to have!  The Lord entrusts us with children, family, friends, and jobs and then gives us the grace and blessings to provide and care for them. When you reflect over your life can you see and count the blessings, some of which you have never even asked for? Somewhere I have heard it said, "It is in giving that we receive." I wonder at the tremendous blessings we will receive from building His family and providing for them.  God bless you abundantly.        ~Mary Jean Anderson

Have you given adequate thought to this wonderful opportunity we now have to renovate and expand our worship center and educational/social spaces? For our ministry, this need is most apparent during special observances when attendance exceeds our capacity for seating in the Nave. But other ministries are routinely lacking in their ability to function properly. Think of the size and layout of the sacristy, or the remoteness of the “kitchen” from our social hall.
At this moment in time, a request to move beyond thinking to implementing thoughtful and selective solutions to our current situation has been presented. If someone seeks our aid to draw nearer to God, the least we can do is provide a welcoming space for this encounter to happen. From a broader perspective, a well executed plan can also lead to the conversion of more souls to the kingdom of God and inspire more of our brothers and sisters in Christ to have a more intimate relationship with Him. But a project of this magnitude needs the committed support of all stakeholders in order to be successful. As you take stock of the blessings our Lord and Savior provides through His sacrifice, please also offer your prayers that each household in our parish makes a sustained contribution to help us reach our goal - to enhance our facility in a way that reflects the glory of God   ~Bernadette Marquez
________________________________

Totus Tuus

St. Gabriel will be having the Totus Tuus program again this July 22-28.  We are in need of host families.   We need one family willing to host 2-3 girls and one to host 2-3 boys.   If you are interested please contact Kim Seiler for more information at 719-209-6229 or  recoordinator at saintgabriel.net.

________________________________

Save the Date- Fortnight for Freedom Rosary Ride
Sunday, June 25, 2017 - Whether you ride a motorcycle or want to follow along in a car, join Fr. Kirk Slattery, Dcn. Mike McGrady, and others from around the diocese on our 6th Annual “Fortnight for Freedom” Rosary Ride.  This year’s ride will take us to churches on the eastern plains of Colorado!  The event will begin at 8:00am with a motorcycle blessing at St. Gabriel the Archangel, 8755 Scarborough Drive.  For more information please call 719-528-8407 or visit www.saintgabriel.net.
________________________________

Register NOW for VBS!

June 19th -23rd from 8:30am – 11:30am We are also in need of volunteers.

All forms need to be returned to the office. The forms can be picked up at the office or the VBS display in the Narthex. You can also download the forms from the St. Gabriel website at www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>.

________________________________

Relics of the Passion
“Call of the Crucified Heart: A Program with Relics of the Passion” will be presented at the Church of St. Gabriel on Saturday, June 10 at 6:30 PM. The program provides a unique experience that highlights a rare collection of relics with an accompanying program commemorating the Passion of Our Lord.  We encourage you to join us for a special opportunity that is sure to touch your heart and connect you with the roots of your faith.
________________________________

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend:

Sat: Men's Breakfast 8:30-10:30am.

Sat-Sun: Bin Drop Off for Marian House Life Support.

Sun: Neocatechumenal Way 2pm at America the Beautiful Park.

Sat-Sun: Second Collection for Catholic Communication Campaign.

Upcoming Events:

Mon, May 29: Office Closed for Memorial Day. No Daily Mass or Confession.

Tues, May 30: Prayer: Finding Intimacy with God Bible Study 10am.

Wed, May 31: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am – 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour from 4-5pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:40 pm.

Fri, June 2: First Friday Adoration 10-noon..

Fri, June 2: Reading/ discussion group for The Diary of St. Faustina in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

Sat, June 3: Walk for Life

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>