[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel Parish News

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Jun 2 12:00:45 PDT 2017

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
June 2, 2017

________________________________

Beacon of Faith Commitment Cards

The Beacon of Faith Campaign is well on its way. Our campaign will take involvement and participation by all to be a success! Please send in your Commitment Cards as soon as possible so we can know everyone's intentions.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

Why do we support the Building campaign?    A reflection from….

As you know our parish is on a 3 year journey to raise needed funds to expand our St. Gabriel facilities. You may be thinking” I don’t see a need, we seem to have enough space.” If you only come to church on Sunday you may not be aware that we are almost at capacity in the classrooms most days of the week. In the new expansion we will have a huge kitchen and hall. You may also be thinking, “ we are military or are planning on moving in the next 3 years, we won’t even see it completed.” Our mission as Catholics is Jesus’ mission, to spread the good news of Christ to all the world. We should be looking for opportunities every day to bring Christ to someone around us.  We just need to lead them to Christ, and He will do the rest.  You just never know what ‘seed’ will take root. Your contribution to the capital campaign will help us sow the seeds of Christ in our community. Talk with your teen about your contribution, make it a family decision. Remember you are your child’s first and best teacher of the faith, this is an excellent opportunity to lead by example.  ~ Gretchen Dunnam

My wife & I had discussed on numerous occasions how much we should give to the St Gabriel campaign and I kept changing the number thinking we can't afford that or we can give more. It started to bug her that I would always discuss it and she would say, I thought we already decided that. Finally we brought it to the Lord to discuss in our quiet daily prayer. While reflecting, meditating and contemplating it came to us that we needed to make a sacrifice. We have been paying to get our lawn done for 13 years and decided it is time to go back out and sacrifice our time to save this money to give to the Church. By simply doing the yard and doing the snow removal work ourselves over the 3 year campaign we were able to increase our gift an additional $150 a month or $5400. I can't explain the joy, tears and feeling of being at peace while being filled with the Holy Spirit as we increased our gift to St Gabriel the Archangel Parish. Now we pray for the success of the campaign and that everyone in the parish can feel this overwhelming peace that we felt by making a sacrifice to build the Church.   ~Chainsaw McCullough
________________________________

Marian House Collection
Thanks to the generous donations from parishioners, 827 pounds of baby items, baby food, and food for the pantry was delivered to Marian House Life Support. Thank you for your continued support of this program
________________________________

Save the Date- Fortnight for Freedom Rosary Ride
Sunday, June 25, 2017 - Whether you ride a motorcycle or want to follow along in a car, join Fr. Kirk Slattery, Dcn. Mike McGrady, and others from around the diocese on our 6th Annual “Fortnight for Freedom” Rosary Ride.  This year’s ride will take us to churches on the eastern plains of Colorado!  The event will begin at 8:00am with a motorcycle blessing at St. Gabriel the Archangel, 8755 Scarborough Drive.  For more information please call 719-528-8407 or visit www.saintgabriel.net.
________________________________

Volunteers Needed
The readings portion of our hymnal expires this weekend.  Volunteers are needed to update them.  This is a great family activity, and takes less than an hour.  We’ll begin immediately after the 4:30 PM Mass this weekend.  Thank you!
________________________________

Relics of the Passion
“Call of the Crucified Heart: A Program with Relics of the Passion” will be presented at the Church of St. Gabriel on Saturday, June 10 at 6:30 PM. The program provides a unique experience that highlights a rare collection of relics with an accompanying program commemorating the Passion of Our Lord.  We encourage you to join us for a special opportunity that is sure to touch your heart and connect you with the roots of your faith.
________________________________

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend:

Sat-Sun: Fair Trade Coffee and Chocolate for sale after Masses.

Sat: Walk for Life.

Sun: Change Hymnal Book after 4:30pm Mass.

Upcoming Events:

Tues, June 6: Respect Life Meeting 6pm.

Tues, June 6: Outreach Meeting 7pm.

Wed, June 7: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am – 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour from 4-5pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:40 pm.

Wed, June 7: Spanish Baptism Class 7pm.

Wed, June 7: Knights of Columbus 4th Degree Meeting 7pm.

Thurs, June 8: St. Gabriel Ladies Ministry Meeting 6:30pm.

Fri, June 9: Reading/ discussion group for The Diary of St. Faustina in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

Sat, June 10: Women's Breakfast 8:30-10:30am.

Sat, June 10: Relics of the Passion 6:30pm.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>