[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel Parish News

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Jun 9 11:31:49 PDT 2017

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
June 9, 2017

________________________________

Beacon of Faith Commitment Cards

The Beacon of Faith Campaign is well on its way. Our campaign will take involvement and participation by all to be a success! Please send in your Commitment Cards as soon as possible so we can know everyone's intentions.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

Why do we support the Building campaign?    A reflection from….

During this season of Easter, I reflect on new beginnings and the many areas where I have been blessed in my life.  One such area toward the top of my list is my faith walk with my St. Gabriel parish family.  My journey as member of our parish has helped shape my life today.  I have been a member of St. Gabriel since it was formed and have witnessed the tremendous growth of our parish and the surrounding community.  This growth is a blessing, but is also a challenge.  The bible tells us that from everyone who has been given much, much will be required.  We have been given much: a church that has met our needs…up until now.  Much will be required: we must continue to build God’s Kingdom and increase our capacity in order to serve Him in whatever ways He calls us.   There are so many ways that a larger church would benefit our parish and surrounding community.  Thinking of Outreach Ministries, more space would mean more room for us to grow our current programs or add new programs.  We would also have the space to educate our parish family of the many needs of our neighbors who are struggling to make ends meet.  Increasing the size of our worship space would allow room for more parishioners to join St Gabriel.  With these parishioners, creative ideas and more manpower would follow in order to carry out these ideas.    If you haven’t already made a commitment to our Capital Campaign to build our church, please take the time to pray and ask God for help to discern how you can help.  For me, this is the 3rd campaign I have been a part of at St Gabriel and I struggled with how I could help this time.  Since I was laid off from my previous job and now have a job that pays substantially less, I was not sure how I would be able to contribute to this new campaign.  Through prayer and discernment, God showed me a way to make some adjustments in my life in order to support this much needed project.   As Catholics, God calls us to help the poor and vulnerable.  By providing a little help in many different ways, St Gabriel helps many in need in our community – think of the difference we could make if we had more space!   Wishing you and your families God’s blessings, Janet Hutchinson

The Pastoral Council is sponsoring a volunteer appreciation night at Sky Sox stadium on Friday, July 14, 2017.  The church will provide one free ticket per volunteer.   If you would like to purchase additional tickets for non-volunteers then it’s $10 each which includes the tailgate before the game.    You can RSVP and pay for tickets by the following:

  *
        Online Reservation:  Credit Cards Accepted for additional non-volunteer members. Visit our Parish Website, www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>
  *
     Reservations by coming to the parish office.   (No credit cards accepted in the parish office for additional non-volunteer members).

     RSVP must be made by July 7th in order for the church to make a bulk discount purchase and print the tickets. Printed Tickets will be available at the volunteer desk in the parish office after July 10th for all those who sent an RSVP. The Pastoral Council will be serving free hot dogs, chips and drinks at the tailgate at 5:30 before the game.   Game starts at 7:05.  Bring your lawn chairs. Thank you to all of our volunteers who help make St. Gabriel’s a special and welcoming place for all those who enter the doors.

________________________________

Save the Date- Fortnight for Freedom Rosary Ride
Sunday, June 25, 2017 - Whether you ride a motorcycle or want to follow along in a car, join Fr. Kirk Slattery, Dcn. Mike McGrady, and others from around the diocese on our 6th Annual “Fortnight for Freedom” Rosary Ride.  This year’s ride will take us to churches on the eastern plains of Colorado!  The event will begin at 8:00am with a motorcycle blessing at St. Gabriel the Archangel, 8755 Scarborough Drive.  For more information please call 719-528-8407 or visit www.saintgabriel.net.
________________________________

Relics of the Passion
“Call of the Crucified Heart: A Program with Relics of the Passion” will be presented at the Church of St. Gabriel on Saturday, June 10 at 6:30 PM. The program provides a unique experience that highlights a rare collection of relics with an accompanying program commemorating the Passion of Our Lord.  We encourage you to join us for a special opportunity that is sure to touch your heart and connect you with the roots of your faith.
________________________________

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend:

Sat: Women's Breakfast 8:30-10:30am.

Sat: Relics of the Passion 6:30pm.

Sat-Sun: Faith Formation Registration after all Masses.

Sun: VBS Training 2-4pm.

Upcoming Events:

Mon, June 12: Health and Safety Meeting 7pm.

Mon, June 12: Bible Study on Eucharist 7pm.

Mon, June 12: Estate Planning Presentation 6pm.

Tues, June 13: Senior Social Group Meeting 12pm at Amanda's Cantina.

Wed, June 14: Magnificat Moms Meeting 9-11:30am.

Wed, June 14: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am – 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour from 4-5pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:40 pm.

Wed, June 14: Knights of Columbus Meeting 7pm.

Fri, June 16: Reading/ discussion group for The Diary of St. Faustina in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

Sat. June 17: Baptism Class 8:30am-noon.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>