[St. Gabriel Parish News] St. Gabriel the Archangel Parish News

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Aug 4 06:05:14 PDT 2017

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
August 4, 2017

________________________________

Beacon of Faith Commitment Cards

The Beacon of Faith Campaign is well on its way. Our campaign will take involvement and participation by all to be a success! Please send in your Commitment Cards as soon as possible so we can know everyone's intentions.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

Welcome Deacon Dave
I have been assigned as your new deacon starting this weekend but am on call and unable to meet you in person.  I look forward to beginning to get to know the people of Saint Gabriel starting next weekend when I will be assisting at all masses.
Suzanne and I were married in 1989, when I was working as a Deputy District Attorney.  We have two adult children, one of whom is married, and no grandchildren.
I worked as a lawyer through 2014 when my license to become voluntarily inactive (meaning I am prohibited from giving any legal advice…just so you know) when I became Coordinator of Family Faith Formation.  I currently work as a hospital chaplain and a member of The Colorado Springs City Council.
I ignored God’s call to consider ordination for several years.  The events of 9/11 changed my mind.  We were members of Divine Redeemer then, and this was the parish that sponsored me through my formation process.  Upon ordination in 2006 I was immediately assigned to a new parish, Holy Trinity.  I was reassigned to another new parish, Holy Apostles, in 2009.  Saint Gabriel is my newest assignment and, as movement is integral to mission, I look forward to sharing our journey in the years to come!
Deacon Dave

________________________________

Thank You
Sincere thanks for the contributions received for our annual Back-to-School collection. Your generous donations to the 92 youth in foster care supported by the Kids Crossing Child Placement Agency were distributed during their annual back to school picnic on July 29th. Please continue to pray for God's grace on these young people and the families that have opened their hearts and their homes to provide love and stability in challenging circumstances.

________________________________
Briarfest Volunteers
Briarfest Volunteers Needed for September 8-10th!!!!  Please volunteer to make Briarfest a success this year. After Masses the weekend of August 12th/13th, there will be a signup table in the narthex with people to help you sign up for the various areas. For electronic signup, send email to volunteer at briarfest.net and a registration form will be sent to you. Thank you to those that have already signed up and those of you that are going to sign up!

________________________________

K of C Council’s Annual Palisades Peaches & Pears Sale
Once again, our Knights of Columbus Sts Gabriel & John Vianney Council #12335 will taking orders for Colorado Palisades Peaches & Pears from C&R Farms after Masses on weekends of July 29/30 and August 5/6. Peaches are the same as last year at $31.00 for an 18-pound case (which is about 38-42 peaches), or $22.00 for a 10-pound case (which is about 15-18 peaches).   Pears are the same as last year at $30.00 for a 20-pound case (which is about 38-42 pears), or $20.00 for a 10-pound case (which is about 15-18 pear).   C&R Farms is delivering our peaches & pears to us on Saturday, August 19, 2017 at St Gabriel Catholic Church so we must have all orders no later than August 10, 2017.     Make checks payable to "Knights of Columbus Council 12335.
________________________________
Briarfest Silent Auction
We are still needing items for this year's Silent Auction, it's right around the corner.  Please drop off at the church office durning regular business hours and provide a dollar value of your item (items).  We take items to be place into a basket or if you are feeling creative, provide a themed gift basket, all donations are greatly appreciated.  It's your continious support that allows us to be successful.  Please have all items to the church by August 12.  For more information please contact Judy Gamble at jgamble6568 at hotmail.com or 719-338-1152.

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Sat-Sun: Peaches and Pears orders taken at all Masses.

Sat-Sun: Fair Trade Coffee and Chocolate for sale after Masses.

Upcoming Events:

Mon, August 7: Bible Study on Eucharist 7pm.

Tues, August 8: Senior Social Group Meeting noon at Red Robin on North Academy.

Wed, August 9: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am – 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour from 4-5pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:40 pm.

Wed, August 9: Magnificat Moms Meeting 9:30-11am.

Wed, August 9: Knights of Columbus Meeting 7pm.

Thurs, August 10: Pastoral Council Meeting 6:30pm.

Fri, August 11: Reading/ discussion group for The Diary of St. Faustina in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

Sat, August 12: Women's Breakfast 8:30-10:30am.

Sat, August 12: Briarfest Volunteer Sign Up at Mass.

Sun, August 13: Briarfest Volunteer Sign Up at all Masses.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>