[St. Gabriel Parish News] St. Gabriel the Archangel Parish News

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Jul 28 11:26:26 PDT 2017

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
July 28, 2017

________________________________

Beacon of Faith Commitment Cards

The Beacon of Faith Campaign is well on its way. Our campaign will take involvement and participation by all to be a success! Please send in your Commitment Cards as soon as possible so we can know everyone's intentions.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

Deacon Andre
New deacon assignments have been announced in the Diocese.  Our Deacon André Mason has been assigned to St. Dominic’s starting August 1. We thank him for his many years of service, wish him well and look forward to celebrating his new assignment with him and his family. There will be a table in the Narthex this weekend for cards. Also please join Dcn Andre and his family at the Knights of Columbus breakfast on July 30 after the 8:30 am Mass.

________________________________

Pastoral Council
The PC met on July13.  Dcn André led a Reflection on Diocesan Pastoral Plan Year 2:  My Parish Home.  Fr Kirk updated members us on the Beacon of Faith Campaign, Clergy status and Shroud Center News.  Members received updates on St Gabriel's financial status and our preparations for Briarfest 2017.   Sandy Prebeck held her last PC meeting and introduced Greg Morgan as our new PC Chair going forward.  Standing Committee Reports given for Faith Formation upcoming activities, Liturgy and Worship news, Outreach programs, YDisciples events and Hispanic Ministries happenings.  Please visit St Gabriel's website for full meeting minutes.  Our next scheduled meeting is Thurs., Aug 10.

________________________________

Apologetics
We are excited to announce that our parish is hosting the Catechetical School's Apologetics course this fall for the first time ever! The class will be held on Mondays at 9:00am starting the week after Labor Day. If you have been feeling the Lord’s call to learn more about our faith and grow in your conversion, then “now is the acceptable time!” (2 Cor 6:2) Be sure to save a date for an information session this summer to hear more about the program and ask questions. Information Sessions will be held July 31 and Aug 28, 9:00am. Visit www.sjvdenver.edu/catecheticalschool or call 303.715.3195 for more information.

________________________________

K of C Council’s Annual Palisades Peaches & Pears Sale
Once again, our Knights of Columbus Sts Gabriel & John Vianney Council #12335 will taking orders for Colorado Palisades Peaches & Pears from C&R Farms after Masses on weekends of July 29/30 and August 5/6. Peaches are the same as last year at $31.00 for an 18-pound case (which is about 38-42 peaches), or $22.00 for a 10-pound case (which is about 15-18 peaches).   Pears are the same as last year at $30.00 for a 20-pound case (which is about 38-42 pears), or $20.00 for a 10-pound case (which is about 15-18 pear).   C&R Farms is delivering our peaches & pears to us on Saturday, August 19, 2017 at St Gabriel Catholic Church so we must have all orders no later than August 10, 2017.     Make checks payable to "Knights of Columbus Council 12335.
________________________________

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Sat-Sun: Bin Drop off for Gabriel's Gift.

Sat-Sun: Peaches and Pears orders taken at all Masses.

Sat: Men's Breakfast 8:30-10:30am.

Sun: Knights of Columbus Free Breakfast after 8:30am Mass.

Upcoming Events:

Mon, July 31: Bible Study on Eucharist 7pm.

Mon, July 31: Information Session for Catechetical School's Apologetics course at 9am.

Tues, August 1: Outreach Meeting 7pm.

Tues, August 1: Respect Life

Wed, August 2: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am – 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour from 4-5pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:40 pm.

Wed, August 2: Knights of Columbus 4th Degree Meeting 7pm.

Fri, Aug 4: First Friday Adoration 10-noon.

Fri, August 4: Reading/ discussion group for The Diary of St. Faustina in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>