[St. Gabriel Parish News] St. Gabriel the Archangel Parish News

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Sep 8 11:17:32 PDT 2017

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
September 8, 2017

________________________________

Beacon of Faith Campaign Update
Total intentions to date:   $2,000,935.01

Total amount collected to date:   $411,812.73

There is still time to get your pledge in.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

Walk To End Hunger
It's time to gear up for our 2nd annual Briarfest Walk to End Hunger! We are partnering with King Soopers and Academy Christian Church to collect food for Mercy's Gate, a local ministry. Bring your donation to the collection bin in the narthex, or make a purchase and donation directly at the Union/Briargate Pkwy King Soopers.
Plan to walk with us on Saturday, Sept. 9, beginning at 9:00 AM. We'll trek from the west grassy field of the church, down Austin Bluffs Pkwy, to King Soopers, where we will accept the King Soopers donations, returning to the church. Baby strollers and wagons are encouraged...a perfect family activity! Sign up on www.briarfest.com, and join in the fun, all to support our neighbors in need!

________________________________

Eucharistic Procession on October 1
On the weekend of Sept 30 / Oct 1, the parish will celebrate the solemnity of Sts. Michael, Gabriel and Raphael, Archangels, our parish patron saint.  The archangels readings will be used at all Mass times.  The 10:30 and 12:30 Masses will be combined at 10:30, with a Eucharistic Procession to follow Mass.
The Blessed Sacrament will be carried in solemn procession, circling our church property, pausing at stations where Fr. Kirk will bless the faithful with the monstrance.  After returning to the nave, Fr. Kirk will give the final benediction and repose the Blessed Sacrament in the tabernacle.
Following the Procession, the parish will gather for a shared pot-luck meal in the Four-plex, music, and dancing from our Spanish dancers, Estrellas Latinas de San Gabriel.  Join the parish family to celebrate St. Gabriel the Archangel, and to give praise with our full community!  Contact Vivian at headsacristan at gmail.com to sign up for the potluck lunch.
________________________________

Daily Mass Change For Sept 11-15
September 11-15:  Priests on retreat.  No daily Mass or confessions. There will be Eucharistic Adoration from 10am-7pm.
________________________________

Save The Date
A ministry fair will be held after all Masses on the weekend of Sept. 23-24. Liturgical ministers are needed in ALL areas.  Please prayerfully consider how you can share your talents to support the Holy Mass.  Contact Kathy Thomas at kthomas at saintgabriel.net, or call 528-8407, ext. 107 for more information.

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Fri, September 8: Briarfest 5-11pm.

Sat, September 9: Briarfest 9am-11pm. Mass at 5pm.

Sun, September 10: Walk to End Hunger 9am.

Sun, September 10: Briarfest 12-6pm. Masses at 8:30am, 10:30am, and 12:30pm (Spanish). No 4:30pm Mass.

Sat-Sun: Second Collection for The Catholic University of America.

Upcoming Events:

September 11-15: Priest Retreat. No Daily Mass or Confession all week. There will be Eucharistic Adoration on Wednesday.

Mon, September 11: Apologetics Course 9-11am.

Mon, Sept 11: Health and Safety Team Meeting 7pm.

Mon, Sept 11: Catolicismo 7pm.

Tues, September 12: Senior Social Meeting noon at Cheddars.

Wed, September 13: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am – 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour from 4-5pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:40 pm.

Wed, September 13: Knights of Columbus Meeting 7pm.

Thurs, Sept 14: The Book of Genesis Bible Study 1:30-3:30pm.

Thurs, Sept 14: Reconciliation Parents Meeting 6:30pm.

Fri, September 15: Reading/ discussion group for Divine Mercy Prayer Cenacle in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

Sat, Sept 16: English and Spanish Baptism Class 8:30am-12:30pm.

Save The Date:

September 18: Return Class begins 7pm.

September 21: Therese: The Story of a Soul 6pm.

September 23-24: Ministry Fair after all Masses

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>