[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Nov 10 10:00:02 PST 2017

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
November 10, 2017

________________________________

Advent By Candlelight

Start your Advent off with a special time to listen to readings, reflect, enjoy piano, harp, and violin music, have a light breakfast, socialize and make new friends.  When?  Saturday Dec. 2nd from 9:00 am to 11:30 am in the fourplex. The final sign ups to attend will be next weekend Nov. 11th and 12th after all Masses in the Narthex as numbers of attendees need to be given to the caterer.  For information contact Mary Jean at 719-291-2053 or mj1cor13 at msn.com<mailto:mj1cor13 at msn.com>.

________________________________

Calling all military members!
The Outreach Committee wants to highlight our service members for the upcoming Military Appreciation weekend, November 11th/12th. All military members, Active, Retired, and Veterans, are invited to wear their uniforms to Mass and consider volunteering to carry the gifts at to the altar at offertory. Please contact Donna (dmknutson at comcast.net) to volunteer to bring up the gifts at a particular Mass.

________________________________

Craft Fair
2017 Saint Gabriel Craft Fair
Saturday, November 11, 2017 from 8:30am -3:00pm
Proceeds support YD missions!

________________________________

Please Support Our Annual Thanksgiving Food Basket Drive

The Outreach Ministry is accepting donations for our annual Thanksgiving Food Basket drive. We will be providing Thanksgiving dinner to families through Mercy's Gate as well as military families in need of assistance. Sign up at the table in the narthex to provide a complete meal or a partial meal. A shopping list for both is available at the sign-up table. Please return your food donations to the narthex by Sunday, November 19.  Thank you for supporting this important program!

________________________________

Mercy’s Gate Food Delivery

1439 pounds of goods was delivered to Mercy’s Gate  from our September collection. As always the volunteers there were very thankful for our donation. Without the St Gabriel’s food collection they could not continue their mission with the emergency food pantry.  Thank you to everyone who contributes to this worthy cause.

________________________________

The Knights of Columbus Major James Broyles Assembly 3523 would like to salute all Veterans and thank them for their service.

Veterans Day is an official United States public holiday, observed annually on November 11, that honors military veterans; that is, persons who served in the United States Armed Forces. It coincides with other holidays, including Armistice Day and Remembrance Day, celebrated in other countries that mark the anniversary of the end of World War I; major hostilities of World War I were formally ended at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, when the Armistice with Germany went into effect. The United States previously observed Armistice Day. The U.S. holiday was renamed Veterans Day in 1954.

[cid:792896a4-9575-43fe-9ab1-1800bd3a676a]

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Sat: Craft Fair 8:30-3pm

Sat-Sun: Advent by Candlelight sign ups.

Upcoming Events:

Mon, Nov 13: Apologetics Course 9-11am.

Mon, Nov 13: The Great Timeline Bible Study 9:30-11:30am.

Mon, Nov 13: Return Class 7pm.

Mon, Nov 13: Health and Safety Team Meeting 7pm.

Tues, Nov 14: Senior Social Group Meeting noon at Uwe's German Restaurant.

Tues, Nov 14: The Great Timeline Bible Study 9:30-11:30am.

Tues, Nov 14: Advent by Candlelight Planning Meeting 7pm.

Wed, Nov 15: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am – 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children’s hour from   4-5 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction   starts at 6:40 pm.

Wed, Nov 15: Magnificat Moms Meeting 9:30-11am.

Wed, Nov 15: Dante’s Divine Comedy 7pm.

Thurs, Nov 16: Beloved 6pm.

Fri, Nov 17: Reading/discussion group for Divine Mercy Prayer Cenacle in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

Sat, Nov 18: English and Spanish Baptism Class 8:30am-12:30pm.

Save the Date

Nov 23: Thanksgiving Day Mass 10am. Office Closed.

Nov 24: Confession and Mass at 12:15. Office Closed.

Nov 25: Iron Sharpens Iron Men's Breakfast 8:30-10:30am.

Dec 2: Advent by Candlelight  9-11:30am.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>