[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Wed Nov 22 08:47:41 PST 2017

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
November 22, 2017

________________________________

Thanksgiving Schedule

• Thursday, November23: Mass  -  10am.

• Friday, November 24: Confessions & Mass – 12:15pm

 The office will be closed on Thursday and Friday, November 23 and 24.

________________________________

Beacon of Faith Commitment Cards

The Beacon of Faith Campaign is well on its way. Our campaign will take involvement and participation by all to be a success! Please send in your Commitment Cards as soon as possible so we can know everyone's intentions.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

Giving Tree

The Giving Tree is up in the Narthex loaded with gift tags for you to take. While you are out doing your Christmas shopping pick up an extra gift or two for an underprivileged child or family. This year we are providing smiles to over 240 children and families on Christmas morning.  Your generous donations will go to families at Sacred Heart Parish in Denver, an impoverished inter city parish of Denver, to families at the United States Air Force Academy, and to local families in our neighborhood.

________________________________

Help Needed

Our readings AND music portion of the hymnal will change this weekend for the coming liturgical year. Come back Sunday evening immediately after the 4:30 pm Mass, and help us get ready for Advent. This is a great project for families! Contact Kathy Thomas if you have questions, 528-8407, or kthomas at saintgabriel.net.

________________________________

Seeking Volunteers

Do you want to help make St. Gabriel’s a safe place for Worship/Fellowship?  We are looking for someone to lead our Health & Safety Team. If you’re interested, please contact Marc Lanning at mlanning at saintgabriel.net or Steve Reed at stevenj.reed at yahoo.com for more information.

________________________________

ANIMA

You are invited to join our community in a parish-wide Advent study-series titled “ANIMA.” Bishop Donald Hying leads us through an inspiring account of how God’s plan for the world gives each of us great dignity and purpose. He recounts that through Christ’s Incarnation, Resurrection, and the Institution of the Church, God reveals the meaning of all life. Accompanied by stirring music, stunning videography, and insightful narration, this three-part series will instigate further meditation on how you can respond to Christ’s sacrifice and continue carrying out his mission in His Church. The study will meet in Vianney/Nicholas room from 6:30-8:30pm on the following dates:

Nov 30: Session 1: Crux

Dec 7: Session 2: Kenosis

Dec 14: Session 3: Blaze

If you are unable to attend on these dates then please access the program on www.formed.org<http://www.formed.org>. If you do not already have a FORMED account, then use our parish code, ef46a3, for free access.

________________________________

‘Tis the Season… for Giving to Charity

With Thanksgiving holiday goodwill in the air (and, perhaps a desire to earn some tax exemptions before January), charitable giving generally peaks this time of year.

Advent is an appropriate time to ask ourselves, “How can I repay the Lord for all the good done for me?” Psalm 116:12.   Please consider the following opportunities as you make your end of year plans:
Donations you wish to include for the 2017 Tax Year must be dated and received or postmarked by December 31, 2017.  You may place your gift in the collection, mail or deliver to the Parish Business Office.  You may also schedule your gift through http://www.saintgabriel.net/giving/giving-options or as a One-Time Gift.
If you have appreciated stock this year, you may realize a tax break through a donation to St Gabriel.  Consult your tax advisor or financial advisor for your situation. If you are 70 ½ or older and have a Required Minimum Distribution from your retirement plan, you may benefit from a directed gift to St. Gabriel.  Talk to your tax advisor, financial advisor, or plan administrator and let them know if you are interested in the possible tax benefit.

Maximize your tax benefits. Begin early to evaluate the charitable gifts you have made this year, and those you are considering. Allow time to consult financial advisors and to complete all necessary steps in time to count your gift for the 2017 tax year.

Gifts received or processed online after December 31, 2017 will be included in your 2018 giving statement.

________________________________

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Sat-Sun: Giving Tree

Sat: Iron Sharpens Iron Men's Breakfast 8:30-10:30am.

Upcoming Events:

Thurs, Nov 23: Thanksgiving Day Mass at 10am. Office Closed.

Fri, Nov 24: Confession and Mass at 12:15pm. Office Closed.

Fri, Nov 24: Reading/discussion group for Divine Mercy Prayer Cenacle in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

Mon, Nov 27: Apologetics Course 9-11am.

Mon, Nov 27: The Great Timeline Bible Study 7-9pm.

Mon, Nov 27: Return Class 7pm.

Tues, Nov 28: The Great Timeline Bible Study 9:30-11:30am.

Wed, Nov 29: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am – 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children’s hour from   4-5 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction   starts at 6:40 pm.

Wed, Nov 29: Dante’s Divine Comedy 7pm.

Thurs, Nov 30: ANIMA Session 1 6:30-8:30pm.

Fri, Dec 1: First Friday Adoration 10am-12pm.

Fri, Dec 1: Reading/discussion group for Divine Mercy Prayer Cenacle in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

Sat, Dec 2: Advent by Candlelight 9-11:30am.

Save the Date

Dec 7: ANIMA Session 2: Kenosis.

Dec 8: Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Holy Day of Obligation). Masses at 12:15pm and 6:30pm. Office Closed.

Dec 9: Our Lady of Guadalupe. Mananitas 7am followed by a Spanish Mass at 8am.

Dec 14: ANIMA Session 3: Blaze.

Dec 15: Date Night presents Fr. Nathan Cromly 6-8pm.

Dec 16: Posadas after 5pm Mass.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>