[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Thu Dec 7 12:29:58 PST 2017

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
December 7, 2017

________________________________

28th ANNUAL NATIONAL NIGHT OF PRAYER FOR LIFE

Just as Jesus became Man at His conception, likewise, when a child is conceived, he/she becomes a member of our human family. This little person now dwells among us. So that our nation and world may accept this truth, conform to God’s Laws and protect our unborn brothers and sisters…

COME PRAY WITH US!!!!!

Join in Unity of Prayer across America and the entire world to restore:

LIFE, FAITH, FAMILY & PEACE.

…Before I formed you in the womb I knew you—Jeremiah 1:5

If my people… humble themselves and pray, and seek my presence and turn from their evil ways, I will hear them from heaven and pardon their sins and revive their land.—2 Chronicles 7:12

The world needs the Blessed Mother’s intercession!

Saint Gabriel will participate on:

DECEMBER 8, 2017, 10pm – 11pm MST

NATIONAL HOUR OF UNITY IS 12AM TO 1AM (EST)

Click on the link below to RSVP:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/28th-annual-national-night-of-prayer-for-life-tickets-40910942731?aff=utm_source%3Deb_email%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dnew_event_email&utm_term=eventurl_text
________________________________

Feast of the Immaculate Conception

Friday Dec 8 . Holy Day of Obligation. Masses at 12:15pm and 6:30pm. Office is closed.

________________________________

Christmas Car Magnets

The Knights of Columbus will be selling the “Keep Christ in Christmas” car magnets after all masses the weekend of December 9/10 and 16/17.

Cost of magnets are $5.00 each.  Proceeds go to Charities supported by the K of C Council at St Gabriel.   Thank you for keeping the real meaning of Christmas alive in “the birth of Jesus”.

________________________________

Gabriel’s Gift’s food Collection

Our monthly food pantry collection for Mercy’s Gate is next weekend. Please pick up a bin after mass today and bring your donation when you come to mass. Critically needed food items include: cereal; Chunky soup (large cans); coffee; canned fruit, canned carrots corn and mixed vegetables; canned tomatoes/tomato sauce; condiments, jelly, main courses (Spam, chili, sardines, canned salmon, tuna, canned ravioli, Spaghetti-O, etc.); Ramen; spaghetti sauce; and dry pasta. Other needed items include: crackers; dry beans; jelly; peanut butter; macaroni and cheese; and rice. Non-food items include face soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, and diapers (size 4, 5 and 6). Thank you for supporting Gabriel’s Gifts!

________________________________

Advent Happenings

· Extended Reconciliation times – December 9, 16, 23; 1:30 – 3:30pm

· Our Lady of Guadalupe, December 9 – Mañanitas at 7:00 am followed by Mass in Spanish at 8:00 am

· Posadas – December 16 immediately following the 5pm Mass

________________________________

Holiday Mass Schedule

Dual Mass Obligation for Fourth Sunday of Advent and The Nativity of the Lord (Christmas).

This year Christmas, a holy day of obligation, falls on a Monday.  On this weekend, you will have a dual obligation to attend both a normal Sunday Mass as well as a Mass celebrating Christmas.  To fulfill both obligations, you need to attend one Mass from First Obligation Masses and one Mass from Second Obligation Masses.

4th Sunday of Advent Masses (First Obligation)

December 23 – Mass at 5pm.

December 24—Masses at 8:30am, 10:30am, and  12:30pm (Spanish).

Christmas Eve Masses (Second Obligation)

December 24 – Masses at 4pm,  6:30pm,  8:30pm (Spanish), and  Midnight

Christmas Day Mass (Second Obligation)

December 25 – Mass at 10am

New Year’s Day Mass

January 1 – Mass at 10:00 am (combined)

________________________________

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Fri: Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Holy Day of Obligation. Masses at 12:15 and 6:30pm. Office Closed.

Fri: National Night of Prayer 10-11pm.

Sat: Our Lady of Guadalupe. Mananitas at 7am followed by a Mass in Spanish at 8am.

Sat: Women of Faith breakfast 8:30-10:30am.

Sat-Sun: Second Collection for Retirement Fund for Religious.

Upcoming Events:

Mon, Dec 11: Apologetics Course 9-11am.

Mon, Dec 11: EMoHC training 6:30pm

Mon Dec 11: Health and Safety Team Meeting 7pm.

Mon, Dec 11: The Great Timeline Bible Study 7-9pm.

Mon, Dec 11: Return Class 7pm.

Tues,  Dec 12: The Great Timeline Bible Study 9:30-11:30am.

Wed, Dec 13 : Eucharistic Adoration from 10am – 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children’s hour from   4-5 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction   starts at 6:40 pm.

Wed, Dec 13: Dante’s Divine Comedy 7pm.

Wed, Dec 13 : Knights of Columbus Meeting 7pm.

Thurs, Dec 14: ANIMA Session 3 Blaze 6:30-8:30pm.

Fri, Dec 15: Reading/discussion group for Divine Mercy Prayer Cenacle in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

Sat, Dec 15: Date Night presents Fr. Nathan Cromly 6-8pm.

Sun, Dec 16: Posadas after 5pm Mass.

Save the Date

Jan 13: Faith Formation Facilitator Workshop 8:30-10:30am.

Feb 10: Women's Conference 9:30am-3:30pm.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>