[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Mar 16 11:16:23 PDT 2018

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
March 16, 2018

________________________________

Gabriel’s Gift’s food pantry collection is March 24 and 25

Our monthly food pantry collection for Mercy’s Gate is next weekend. Please pick up a bin after mass today and bring your donation when you come to mass next weekend. Critically needed food items include: Chunky soup (large cans); canned fruit, canned carrots, and mixed vegetables; canned tomatoes, tomato sauce; jelly, peanut butter, main courses (Spam, chili, canned salmon, tuna, canned ravioli, macaroni and cheese, Spaghetti-O, etc.); spaghetti sauce; and dry pasta. Other needed items include: dry beans and canned green beans. Non-food items include toothpaste and toothbrushes. Thank you for supporting Gabriel’s Gifts!

________________________________

Lent Confession Schedule

Saturday, March 17         1:30 – 3:30pm (2 priests)

Saturday, March 24         1:30 – 3:30pm (2 priests)

Saturday, March 31         NO CONFESSIONS

Confession is available Tues–Fri (except March 27) 11:50am – 12:10pm.

Please Consult the Catholic Herald for reconciliation services in other parishes in the Dioceses.

________________________________

Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament – Holy Thursday/ Good Friday

At the end of the Holy Thursday liturgy, the Blessed Sacrament is transferred from the tabernacle to a Chapel of Repose, where we spend time in adoration. Our parish period of Eucharistic Adoration will begin immediately after the Mass on Holy Thursday (March 29) and continue through the night, ending on Good Friday (March 30) at 2pm, immediately before the Friday Passion of the Lord. We need adorers to spend at least one hour with Our Lord. A sign-up sheet is located in the Narthex. If you have any questions, please contact Kathy Thomas, 528-8407, or email kthomas at saintgabriel.net.

________________________________

Divine Mercy Sunday

In preparation of the Feast of Divine Mercy on Sunday, April 8, Bishop Sheridan has asked parishioners throughout the Diocese of Colorado Springs to join together to pray the Novena to Divine Mercy.  Each day of the Novena you will pray for God’s mercy for a different group of people, as Jesus instructed through His messages of Divine Mercy to St. Faustina.

Novena brochures with the daily prayers and how to pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy will be handed out after all Masses, the weekend of March 24/25.  Be sure to take one home for your family.  Good Friday is the first day of the Novena and will be the day to start the prayers.

The Chaplet of Divine Mercy will be prayed after all Masses, the weekend of April 7/8, Divine Mercy weekend.  The Chaplet honors Jesus’ passion and is prayed to atone for our sins and the sins of the whole world.  There will be a table in the Narthex should you wish to purchase a Divine Mercy image for your home after Masses that weekend.

Your personal Divine Mercy images will be blessed at the April 8 Divine Mercy 3 pm Holy Hour.

________________________________

Bible Seminar Series Continues

GOD THE CREATOR AND EVOLUTION

MONDAY, March 19 at 6:00-9:00 PM

    in the St. Nicholas/Vianney Room

               All are welcome

________________________________

Outreach Committee Socks and T-Shirt Donations

Socks and T-shirts will be collected until March 18. Please donate new white tube socks and new or gently used T-Shirts for the Marian House to help those in need in our community. There are bins in the Narthex for your donations. Questions: Please contact Barbara Green at BarbaraGreen241 at hotmail.com. Thank you.

________________________________

Holy Week Schedule

Holy Thursday– March 29

· Mass –6:30pm

· Eucharistic Adoration until Friday 2:00pm

Good Friday– March 30

· Celebration of the Lord’s Passion – 3:00pm

· Stations of the Cross – 6:00pm

Easter Vigil – March 31

· 8:30pm

Easter Sunday – April 1

· 7:00am

· 9:00am

· 11:30am

· 1:30pm – Spanish

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Fri: Stations of the Cross 6pm followed by Soup Supper.

Sat: Spanish Prayer Class 9-11am.

Sun: RCIC 9:45-11:15am.

Sun: YSF 9:45-11:15am.

Sun: Faith Formation Homeschool 12:45-2:15pm.

Sun: YDisciples Meeting 5:45-7:15pm.

Sat-Sun: Bin Pick Up for Gabriel's Gifts.

Upcoming Events

Mon, Mar 19: Apologetics Course 9-11am.

Mon, Mar 19: Hour of Mercy 3-4pm.

Mon, Mar 19: The Great Timeline Bible Study 7-9pm.

Mon, Mar 19: Bible Seminar 6-9pm.

Tues, Mar 20: The Great Timeline Bible Study 9:30-11:30am.

Wed, Mar 21: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am – 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children’s hour from 4-5 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction   starts at 6:40 pm.

Wed, Mar 21: Magnificat Moms Meeting 9:30-11am.

Wed, Mar 21: Children's Choir 5:15-6pm.

Wed, Mar 21: Dante’s Divine Comedy 7pm.

Wed, Mar 21: The Chaplet of Divine Mercy study 7-9pm.

Thurs, Mar 22: A Lent to Remember 6:30pm.

Thurs, Mar 22: Beloved Class 6pm.

Fri, Mar 23: Reading/discussion group for Divine Mercy Prayer Cenacle in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

Fri, Mar 23: Stations of the Cross at 6pm followed by Knights of Columbus Fish Fry..

Sat, Mar 24: Spanish Prayer Class 9-11am.

Sat, Mar 24: Iron Sharpens Iron Men's Breakfast 8:30-10:30am.

Sun, Mar 25: Knights of Columbus Free Breakfast after 8:30am Mass.

Save the Date

April 19: REBOOT.

June 18-22: Vacation Bible School

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>