[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Mar 23 10:48:48 PDT 2018

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
March 23, 2018

________________________________

Stations of the Cross and Fish Fry

The Knights of Columbus will be hosting a Friday fish immediately following Stations of the Cross tonight. The price for these dinners is $9.00 per adult, $5.00 per child 3-12 years of age, and children under 3 are free.

________________________________

Holy Week Schedule

Holy Thursday– March 29

· Mass –6:30pm

· Eucharistic Adoration until Friday 2:00pm

Good Friday– March 30

· Celebration of the Lord’s Passion – 3:00pm

· Stations of the Cross – 6:00pm

Easter Vigil – March 31

· 8:30pm

Easter Sunday – April 1

· 7:00am

· 9:00am

· 11:30am

· 1:30pm – Spanish

________________________________

Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament – Holy Thursday/ Good Friday

At the end of the Holy Thursday liturgy, the Blessed Sacrament is transferred from the tabernacle to a Chapel of Repose, where we spend time in adoration. Our parish period of Eucharistic Adoration will begin immediately after the Mass on Holy Thursday (March 29) and continue through the night, ending on Good Friday (March 30) at 2pm, immediately before the Friday Passion of the Lord. We need adorers to spend at least one hour with Our Lord. A sign-up sheet is located in the Narthex. If you have any questions, please contact Kathy Thomas, 528-8407, or email kthomas at saintgabriel.net.

________________________________

Lent Confession Schedule

Saturday, March 24         1:30 – 3:30pm (2 priests)

Saturday, March 31         NO CONFESSIONS

Confession is available Tues–Fri (except March 27) 11:50am – 12:10pm.

Please Consult the Catholic Herald for reconciliation services in other parishes in the Dioceses.

________________________________

Daily Mass Schedule Change

Due to Chrism Mass scheduled at St. Mary’s Cathedral at 12:10pm, confessions & 12:15pm Mass are cancelled on March 27.

________________________________

Environmental Committee

With Easter fast approaching we will have a table in the narthex March 24/25.  Your donations for flowers would be greatly appreciated.  This will allow us to beautify the nave for our Easter celebration.  Please place your donation envelopes in the white mailbox by the office.  Thank you so much for your contributions.

________________________________

Good Friday Collection

Our diocese is called on to support Christians in the Holy Land on Good Friday, March 30, 2018. Through the Good Friday Collection, you join with Catholics from around the world to stand in solidarity with the Church in the Holy Land. When you contribute to the Pontifical Good Friday Collection, you become an instrument of peace in a troubled land. Pope Francis has asked all of us to support the Pontifical Good Friday Collection, which helps Christians in the Holy Land.  Your support helps the church minister in parishes, provide Catholic schools and offer religious education. The Pontifical Good Friday Collection also helps to preserve the sacred shrines. The wars, unrest and instability have been especially hard on Christians. In these times of crisis, the Pontifical Good Friday Collection provides humanitarian aid to refugees. Our diocese will support Christians in the Holy Land through the Good Friday Collection. This Pontifical Collection makes it possible for us to participate in the care of the most holy shrines to Christianity and to care for the People of God in the Holy Land. Please be as generous as your abundance allows.

________________________________

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Fri: Stations of the Cross 6pm followed by Knights of Columbus Fish Fry.

Sat: Spanish Prayer Class 9-11am.

Sun: Knights of Columbus Free Breakfast after 8:30am Mass.

Sat-Sun: Bin Drop Off for Gabriel's Gifts.

Upcoming Events

Mon, Mar 26: Hour of Mercy 3-4pm.

Mon, Mar 26: The Great Timeline Bible Study 7-9pm.

Tues, Mar 27: The Great Timeline Bible Study 9:30-11:30am.

Tues, Mar 27: NO Confessions or Daily Mass Today.

Tues, Mar 27: SoulCore 9am.

Wed, Mar 28: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am – 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children’s hour from 4-5 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction   starts at 6:40 pm.

Wed, Mar 28: Dante’s Divine Comedy 7pm.

Wed, Mar 28: Knights of Columbus Meeting 7pm.

Thurs, Mar 29: Holy Thursday. Mass at 6:30pm.

Fri, Mar 30: Office Closed for Good Friday.

Fri, Mar 30: Good Friday Service 3pm.

Fri, Mar 30: Stations of the Cross at 6pm. No Soup Super afterwards.

Sat, Mar 31: Spanish Prayer Class 9-11am.

Sat, Mar 31: Easter Vigil Mass at 8:30pm.

Sun, Apr 1: Easter Masses at 7am, 9am, 11:30am, and 1:30pm(Spanish).

Save the Date

April 19: REBOOT.

April 29: Faith Formation Registration begins.

June 18-22: Vacation Bible School

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>