[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Jun 1 11:29:32 PDT 2018

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
June 1, 2018

________________________________

Beacon of Faith Campaign

The Beacon of Faith Campaign is well on its way. Our campaign will take involvement and participation by all to be a success! Please send in your Commitment Cards as soon as possible so we can know everyone's intentions.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

St. Gabriel's Volunteer Appreciation Night

All volunteers and their families are invited to the St. Gabriel Volunteer Appreciation Night on June 8 from 5-9pm at Cordera Community Center (11894 Grand Lawn Circle). There will be a free dinner, lawn games for adults and kids, outdoor pool, and more. Tickets are required. To RSVP, go to saintgabriel.net or stop by the Parish Office Mon-Fri 9am-5pm. Last Day to RSVP is Monday June 4.

________________________________

Lawn Games Needed

Lawn games are needed for the parish volunteer picnic on June 8. If we could borrow your Corn hole boards (single-hole), horse-shoe golf, sack races, tug-of-war...any type of fun lawn game, please contact Kathy Thomas at kthomas at saintgabriel.net, or the parish office, 528-8407. Thanks!

________________________________

Eucharistic Procession on June 3

THIS WEEKEND, June 2/3, the parish will celebrate the solemnity of The Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ (Corpus Christi).  A Eucharistic Procession will be offered immediately following the 10:30 am Mass.

The Blessed Sacrament will be carried in solemn procession, circling our church property, pausing at a station where Fr. Kirk will bless the faithful with the monstrance.  After returning to the nave, Fr. Kirk will give the final benediction and repose the Blessed Sacrament in the tabernacle.

________________________________

Faith Formation Registration

Faith Formation Registration is ongoing. Sign up early to get the discounted rate. Download the forms from our website or come to the office to fill out the paperwork. www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>.

Registration fee $65 through July 31

Registration fee $75 beginning August 1st

<mailto:chipreny at comcast.net>

<mailto:chipreny at comcast.net>

<mailto:chipreny at comcast.net>

________________________________

Summer Reconciliation Hours

June 23 – Aug. 4  Tues-Fri: 11:50-12:10 and Saturday: 3:30pm – 4:30pm

________________________________

Work of Your Hands

Parish Help Wanted Corner – Contact office for info: 719-528-8407

Graphic Designer – We are looking for talent that who can create graphic designs, to include art work for special projects.

Furniture Upholstery Work – We are looking for a team of volunteers who can re-stuff the seats of the red chairs in the classrooms.

Creative Writer – The office staff is looking for a creative writer who can capture the spirit of our ministries by writing articles for the bulletin and Catholic Herald.

Donut & Hospitality Servers: We are looking for 2-4 volunteers to help make coffee and serve the donuts at 8:30 Mass 2 Sundays a month. Training will be provided. Please see Bobby Gamble either before or after the 8:30 Mass or contact the office (528-8407) if you can help. Thank you

________________________________

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Sat-Sun: Fair Trade Coffee and Chocolate for sale after all Masses.

Sun: Eucharistic Adoration after 10:30am Mass.

Upcoming Events

Mon, June 4: Hour of Mercy 3-4pm.

Mon, June 4: Galatians Bible Study 7-8:30pm.

Mon, June 4: EMoHC Training 6:30pm.

Tues, June 5 : SoulCore 9-10am.

Tues, June 5 : The Bible and the Sacraments Bible Study 9:30-11:30am.

Tues, June 5: Respect Life Meeting 6pm.

Tues, June 5: Outreach Committee Meeting 7pm.

Wed, June 6: Eucharistic Adoration as scheduled. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:40 pm.

Wed, June 6: Knights of Columbus 4th Degree Meeting 7pm.

Fri, June 8 : Reading/discussion group for Divine Mercy Prayer Cenacle in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

Fri. June 8: Volunteer Appreciation Night 5-9pm.

Sat, June 9: Women of Faith Breakfast 8:30-10:30am.

Save the Date
June 18-22: Vacation Bible School.

July 14-15: St. Gabriel Women's Retreat in Woodland Park.

July 21-27: Totus Tuus.

July 23: Information Session for Denver Biblical School Year 1 6:30pm.

Jan 12,2019: Women's Conference.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>