[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Jun 15 10:04:16 PDT 2018

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
June 15, 2018

________________________________

Beacon of Faith Campaign

The Beacon of Faith Campaign is well on its way. Our campaign will take involvement and participation by all to be a success! Please send in your Commitment Cards as soon as possible so we can know everyone's intentions.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

Rosary Ride

ROSARY RIDE: Sunday, June 24th 2018 - Whether you ride a motorcycle or want to follow along in a car, join Fr. Kirk Slattery, Dcn. Mike McGrady and others from around the diocese on our 7th Annual “Fortnight for Freedom” Rosary Ride.  This year’s ride will take us out to Cripple Creek, Colorado.  Be prepared to see beautiful mountain vistas! We will enjoy a leisurely ride as we pray together, in solidarity with our bishops, for the preservation of religious freedom and conscience protections.  Estimated round trip mileage is 90 miles. The event will begin with a motorcycle blessing at 8:00am at St. Gabriel the Archangel, 8755 Scarborough Drive.  For more information please call 719-528-8407.
________________________________

Summer Reconciliation Hours

June 23 – Aug. 4  Tues-Fri: 11:50-12:10 Saturday: 3:30pm – 4:30pm

________________________________

Faith Formation Registration

Faith Formation Registration is ongoing. Sign up early to get the discounted rate. Download the forms from our website or come to the office to fill out the paperwork. www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>.

Registration fee $65 through July 31

Registration fee $75 beginning August 1st

<mailto:chipreny at comcast.net>

<mailto:chipreny at comcast.net>

<mailto:chipreny at comcast.net>

________________________________

Congratulations

Congratulations to Oscar Valdez and Chainsaw McCullough who were installed as Instituted Acolytes at a Mass on June 9, 2018. They will begin their duties in late summer or early fall. Congratulations!

The acolyte is appointed in order to aid the deacon and to minister to the priest. It is his duty therefore to attend to the service of the altar and to assist the deacon and the priest in liturgical celebrations, especially in the celebration of Mass by carrying the missal, cross, candles, etc., or by performing other such duties.

________________________________

Health & Safety Team

We have a few spots available for free American Heart CPR training and certification on June 23. 9 am to 1 pm inside St Gabriel’s. Taught by a parishioner who is an AHA certified instructor. All materials provided. Results in two-year AHA BLS certification. Reservations required. Use this email: chipreny at comcast.net.

________________________________

Work of Your Hands-Parish Help Wanted Corner

See bulletin board outside main bathroom or contact office for more information: 719-528-8407

Environment Committee

     Banner Support: The Environment Committee seeks volunteers available to change the banners on the wall on either side of the altar. No ladders or climbing required. The job takes 20-30 minutes maximum and can be completed after the 4:30 Sunday Mass or on weekdays. Many volunteers will make easy work. see

    Altar Flower Arrangers: Have you admired the beautiful bouquets of flowers on the altar each week? Those are arranged by Saint Gabriel volunteers. New volunteers are needed to join the team with training provided. Floral arrangements are prepared on Fridays for the upcoming weekend. Please consider joining the team of trained volunteers. Bo

     Lead Needed for Christmas and Easter: St Gabriel’s is in need of a volunteer to spearhead decorating the church for both Christmas and Easter seasons. Continuity information is available and experienced volunteers will be available to assist. Please prayerfully consider this important role.

Faith Formation- As we prepare for the 2018 - 2019 Faith Formation Year, we are reminded of the need for dedicated Christians to serve in the Faith Formation Ministries. Every year we grateful for all who volunteer! We also are faced with the reality that due to life, family, or work events some in our volunteer force will leave us. For our programs to be a success we need to fill vacancies in the following positions:

      Catechist: The catechist is the primary teacher in our classrooms and will manage all aspects of the classroom to include timeliness and student behavior.

      Facilitator: The facilitator uses guided discussion techniques to engage the students/participants and help them discover the truths of the church.

      Mentor: A mentor is an experienced and trusted advisor. As a mentor it is important to be a good listener with an open mind and heart.

     Assistant/Aide: The assistant/aide helps set up the classroom with needed supplies, make copies as requested, help with projects, and cleans up the classroom.

If you feel called to serve, please contact Deacon Mike or Cindy, 528-2801.

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Sat: Spanish and English Baptism Class 8:30am-12:30pm.

Sat-Sun: Bin Pick Up for Mercy's Gate

Upcoming Events

Mon, June 18: VBS 8:30-11:30am

Mon, June 18: Hour of Mercy 3-4pm.

Mon, June 18: Galatians Bible Study 7-8:30pm.

Mon, June 18: Bible Seminar.

Tues, June 19: VBS 8:30-11:30am

Tues, June 19: SoulCore 9-10am.

Tues, June 19: The Bible and the Sacraments Bible Study 9:30-11:30am.

Wed, June 20: VBS 8:30-11:30am

Wed, June 20: Eucharistic Adoration as scheduled. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:40 pm.

Thurs, June 21: VBS 8:30-11:30am.

Fri, June 22: VBS 8:30-11:30am

Fri, June 22 : Reading/discussion group for Divine Mercy Prayer Cenacle in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

Sat, June 23: Iron Sharpens Iron Men's Breakfast 8:30-10:30am.

Sat, June 23: CPR Training 9am-1pm.

Sat, June 23: Blood Drive Sign Ups.

Sat, June 24: Blood Drive Sign Ups.

Sun, June 24: Rosary Ride 8am.

Sun, June 24: Theology of the Body for Parents & Adults 5:45-7:15pm.

Save the Date

June 30-July 1:Blood Drive Sign Ups

June 30: YAM Day Retreat 8am-5pm.

July 7-8: Blood Drive

July 14-15: St. Gabriel Women's Retreat in Woodland Park.

July 21-27: Totus Tuus.

July 23: Information Session for Denver Biblical School Year 1 6:30pm.

July 28: CPR Training 9am-1pm.

Jan 12,2019: Women's Conference.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>