[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Aug 17 09:32:27 PDT 2018

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
August 17, 2018

________________________________

Beacon of Faith Campaign

The Beacon of Faith Campaign is well on its way. Our campaign will take involvement and participation by all to be a success! Please send in your Commitment Cards as soon as possible so we can know everyone's intentions.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

New in the Library!

We have added several new Audio CD sets to St. Gabriel’s Library!   Audio CDs are ideal for listening to during car trips, driving to and from work, doing chores at home, exercising, etc.   Find them shelved by author/speaker, on the “Audio CDs” shelves.   Please follow the check-out instructions posted on the bulletin board in the Library.

 Ralph Martin—

 CD Book, “The Fulfillment of All Desire” (read by Drake McCalister—17 CDs)

 Fr. Bill Halbing—

“Eucharist Series” (10 CDs)

“Boot Camp 1:  1 Kings & Elijah”  (12 CDs)

“Boot Camp 1:  2 Kings & Elisha”  (9 CDs)

________________________________

Gabriel’s Gifts food pantry collection is August 25 and 26

Our monthly Gabriel’s Gifts food pantry collection for Mercy’s Gate is next weekend. Please pick up a bin after mass today and bring your donation when you come to mass next weekend. Critically needed food items include: coffee, sugar, cereal, spaghetti sauce, powdered and canned milk, jello and jelly. Non-food items include toothpaste and toothbrushes, feminine hygiene products, soap, shampoo and diapers (sizes 4, 5, 6). Thank you for supporting the food pantry!

________________________________

RCIA Information Session

Are you not Catholic, but attend Mass every week with your family? Do you desire to receive Baptism in the Catholic Church? Are you Baptized but have not receive First Communion or Confirmation? All are welcomed to an RCIA information session on Aug 21, 7pm. For more details contact Deacon Mike, 528-8407 or mmcgrady at saintgabriel.net

<mailto:chipreny at comcast.net>

<mailto:chipreny at comcast.net>

<mailto:chipreny at comcast.net>
________________________________

St. Gabriel Roman Catholic Homeschool information meeting Aug. 25 at 8:00 am.

If you homeschool or are interested in homeschooling join us for an informational breakfast.  Moms of toddlers, teens, etc. welcome!  Bring your questions!  We hope you can join us!  Moms (and nursing babies) only, please. For details and location of meeting contact Lori at chahh at aol.com.

________________________________

Briarfest Corner Sept 7-9, 2018

Silent Auction Donations Needed

Briarfest is just around the corner and we are still needing items for the silent auction.  Some enjoying putting a themed basket together others just want to drop off items to be placed in a decorative basket.  Either way we are in need of both, please drop off at the office during regular business hours or call Judy Gamble for pick up at 719-338-1152<tel:719-338-1152>.  We are listing items in a program and need everything to the church ASAP.  Thank you for your generosity and support, we appreciate it.

Can you help feed the patrons of Mercy’s Gate?

The food collection drive for the Walk to End Hunger begins this weekend, part of our Briarfest events.  We’ll collect food for Mercy’s Gate food pantry for the next four weeks, gathering it in the watermelon bin in the narthex.  Simultaneously, King Soopers will begin selling pre-packed bags of food in the Union and Briargate Boulevard store…just grab one as you approach the check-out lanes.  Our efforts will culminate in the Walk to End Hunger, on Saturday, Sept. 8, beginning at 9:00 AM.  We’ll walk to King Soopers along Austin Bluffs Parkway, accept the food they have collected, and return to a fun-filled day at Briarfest.  Our record is 4,265 lbs. of food – let’s see if we can break 6,000 lbs. this year!  It’s a great family event…make plans now to join in the fun, and take a stand against hunger in our community!

________________________________

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Sat: Spanish and English Baptism Class 8:30am-12:30pm.

Sat: Knights of Columbus Peach Delivery 10am-2pm.

Sat: Faith Formation Kick off Celebration 10:30am-12:30pm.

Sun: Theology of the Body for Parents and Adults 5:45-7:15pm.

Upcoming Events

Mon, Aug 20:Bible Seminar 6pm.

Tues, Aug 21 : SoulCore 9-10am.

Tues, Aug 21: RCIA Information Session 7pm.

Wed, Aug 22: Eucharistic Adoration as scheduled. Pray the Rosary at 6:15pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:40pm.

Wed, Aug 22: Knights of Columbus Meeting 7pm.

Fri, Aug 24: Reading/discussion group for Divine Mercy Prayer Cenacle in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

Sat, Aug 25: St. Gabriel Roman Catholic Homeschool Information Meeting 8:00am.

Sat, Aug 25: CPR Class 9am-1pm chipreny at comcast.net.

Sun, Aug 26: Knights of Columbus Free Breakfast after 8:30am Mass.

Save the Date

Aug 27: Information Session for Denver Catholic Biblical School 6:30pm.

Sept 7-9: Briarfest.

Sept 28: 177 Project 6:45pm.

Oct 5: Relics of St. John Paul II and St. Faustina on display 10am-6pm.

Oct 16: Respect Life Dinner at the Broadmoor.

Jan 12,2019: Women's Conference.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>