[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Aug 31 13:23:04 PDT 2018

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
August 31, 2018

________________________________

Celebrate St. Gabriel’s Feast Day by Feeding the homeless at Marian House Soup Kitchen

For the past few years, our parish has sponsored the Marian House Soup Kitchen on September 29, the feast day of St. Gabriel. We invite you to help us demonstrate our faith in action by volunteering at the soup kitchen on that day. The feast falls on a Saturday this year, making it easier for you to lend a hand if you work. There are two shifts to choose from: 7 to 10 am and 10 am to 2 pm.  To sign up, please contact Doug Rouse at 719-866-6286.  Our parish name will be posted on the sponsorship marque outside of the Marian House, in the Catholic Charities newsletter, and on their website.  A photo will be taken with volunteers under the sign that will be posted on social media.  Thank you!

________________________________

Upcoming Bible Study

James: Pearls for Wise Living. Classes start Sept. 17 from 7-8:30pm. 10 week program. Facilitated by Diane Littleton. Cost is $25 for materials.

________________________________

The 177 Project-Adoration across the Nation.

Friday September 28, 2018. 6:45pm Rosary, 7:00pm Adoration, 8:15pm Concert. More information at www.the177project.com<http://www.the177project.com/>. Free tickets are available at www.itickets.com/events/403780<http://www.itickets.com/events/403780>.

________________________________

Bishop Michael Sheridan's Facebook Live Discussion on Clergy Sexual Abuse

Bishop Michael Sheridan will host a Facebook Live “ask-and-answer” session on Thursday, Sept. 13 from 7:00-7:30 p.m. In this session, Bishop Sheridan will be taking questions on the difficult topic of clergy sexual abuse. Please visit the Catholic Diocese of Colorado Springs Facebook page in order to participate. Questions may also be submitted in advance by sending an e-mail to socialmedia at diocs.org<mailto:socialmedia at diocs.org>. Note: For those unable to participate in the live event, the entire session will be available for replay on the diocesan Facebook page.

<mailto:chipreny at comcast.net>

<mailto:chipreny at comcast.net>

<mailto:chipreny at comcast.net>
________________________________
EPIC: A Journey through Church History

Beginning with the lives of the apostles up to the present day, Epic takes the history of the Church and simplifies it into twelve time periods, over the course of twenty sessions.  Join us in the Saint Kateri room on Tuesdays from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m., starting Sept 18.

For more information contact Malu Cabrera-Klein at 719-247-8144; stg060984 at gmail.com or Deacon Mike at 719-528-8407; mmcgrady at saintgabriel.net.  Deadline for registration is 12:00 p.m. (noon), Tuesday, September 11, 2018.  The fee is 30.00 and includes a study set.

________________________________

Briarfest Sept 7-9, 2018

Can you help feed the patrons of Mercy’s Gate?

We are gearing up for the Walk to End Hunger, 9:00 AM on Sept. 8, with a goal of 6,000 lbs. of food collected for Mercy’s Gate food pantry.  Mercy’s Gate serves people in need, many of which are in our Briargate community.

 You can participate in several ways:

·        King Soopers at Union/Briargate Parkway has begun sale of pre-packed bags of food at their check-out, very simple, and priced at $15.50.  It’s filled with “low-reserve” items for the pantry.  Deposit the bag at the store, or bring it to the St. Gabriel bin.

·        Pack your own bag, and bring it into the parish bin.  Shop the sale circular, or hit the Dollar Store.  Jelly, toothbrushes and toothpaste, feminine hygiene products, soap & shampoo, powdered / canned milk, and large diapers — sizes 4, 5 & 6 are in critical need.

·        Make a donation from your own household pantry.

·        FINALLY:  Join us for the Walk, on Saturday, Sept. 8.  We’ll meet at the corner of Austin Bluffs & Coach House, walk to King Soopers to accept the food, and back to all the fun at Briarfest!  Bring the kids and your neighbors, and take a stand against hunger in our community.  Register for the FREE Walk at briarfest.com.

________________________________

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Sat-Sun: Fair Trade Coffee and Chocolate for sale after Masses.

Sun: Theology of the Body for Parents and Adults 5:45-7:15pm.

Upcoming Events

Mon, Sep 3: Office Closed for Labor Day. No Confessions or Daily Mass.

Tues, Sept 4 : SoulCore 9-10am.

Tues, Sep 4 : Respect Life Meeting 6pm.

Tues, Sept 4: Outreach Committee Meeting 7pm.

Wed, Sept 5 : Eucharistic Adoration as scheduled. Pray the Rosary at 6:15pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:40pm.

Wed, Sept 5 : Knights of Columbus Meeting 7pm.

Fri, Sept 7: First Friday Adoration 10am-12:00pm.

Save the Date

Sept 7-9: Briarfest Weekend. Please note there will be NO 4:30pm Mass on Sept 9.

Sept 15: Spanish and English Baptism Class 8:30am-12:30pm.

Sept 17: Health and Safety Team Meeting 7pm.

Sept 22: CPR Training 9am-1pm chipreny at comcast.net

Sept 28: 177 Project 6:45pm.

Oct 5: Relics of St. John Paul II and St. Faustina on display 10am-6pm.

Oct 16: Respect Life Dinner at the Broadmoor.

Oct 26: Walk with the Martyrs.

Nov 17: Men's Conference 12:30-5pm.

Jan 12,2019: Women's Conference.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>