[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Thu Jan 3 11:26:41 PST 2019

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
January 3, 2019

________________________________

Beacon of Faith Campaign

The Beacon of Faith Campaign is well on its way. Our campaign will take involvement and participation by all to be a success! Please send in your Commitment Cards as soon as possible so we can know everyone's intentions.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

Scam Alert

It has come to our attention that there are several email and mail scams going around to our church community.  Recently several parishioners have received an email from Fr. Kirk requesting assistance in some way (either by money, I Tunes cards etc).  These are scams and we are urging you to delete the email immediately and do not respond to it or open any links in the message.

Please be aware that Fr. Kirk will NEVER contact you via email asking for assistance.  If you should receive an email from any staff member of St. Gabriel, please make sure to check the ENTIRE email address.  We will ALWAYS use the saintgabriel.net email address and it will have our church logo at the end of the message.  An additional way to determine if the email is from Fr. Kirk is that he will sign +JMJ+ after his name.

Checking email addresses and NOT responding to pleas is a good practice to exercise when reading emails from any source.

If you should have any questions, please call the office at 719-528-8407.

________________________________

Knights of Columbus Keep Christ in Christmas Poster Contest

Return completed posters NLT 20 Jan to the Church with Poster Contest Entry Form.

________________________________

FAIR TRADE MINISTRY
Fair Trade coffee and chocolate will be available this weekend. In addition to receiving a quality product, you can make a positive difference in the world by helping impoverished coffee growers earn fair wages for their labor.

________________________________

Altar Flowers
The 2019 Altar Flower Sign-Up Book is available at the Welcome Desk.  You may dedicate flowers in honor of or in memory of loved ones. Flowers will be displayed starting Friday before the weekend of your choice and remain on the altar for a week. Flower dedications will also be highlighted in the bulletin. A minimum donation of $50 is required.
________________________________

Online Resource Links

*   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

*   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

*   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Sat-Sun: Fair Trade Coffee and Chocolate for sale after Masses.

Sun: RCIC 9:45-11:15am.

Sun: Faith Formation Homeschool 12:45-2:15pm.

Upcoming Events

Mon, Jan 7: Biblical School 6:30pm.

Tues, Jan 8: ESL Class 9am.

Tues, Jan 8: SoulCore 9-10am.

Tues, Jan 8: Senior Social Group Meeting at Red Lobster (3510 New Center Point.)

Wed, Jan 9: Eucharistic Adoration as scheduled. Pray the Rosary 6pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:30pm.

Wed, Jan 9: Children's Choir 5:15pm.

Wed, Jan 9: Knights of Columbus Meeting 7pm.

Thurs, Jan 10: ESL Class 9am.

Thurs, Jan 10: Pastoral Council Meeting 6:30pm.

Sat, Jan 12: Women's Conference 9:30am-3:30pm.

Save the Date

Jan 18-20,2019: High School Rally.

Feb 16-17, 2019: Middle School Rally

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>