[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Jan 11 10:55:15 PST 2019

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
January 11, 2019

________________________________

Beacon of Faith Campaign Update-Phase 1-Parish Hall
Total intentions to date: $2,059,921.34
Total amount collected to date: $1,151,471.01

There is still time to get your pledge in. Just go to
http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form and fill in the form.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

Scam Alert

It has come to our attention that there are several email and mail scams going around to our church community.  Recently several parishioners have received an email from Fr. Kirk requesting assistance in some way (either by money, I Tunes cards etc).  These are scams and we are urging you to delete the email immediately and do not respond to it or open any links in the message.

Please be aware that Fr. Kirk will NEVER contact you via email asking for assistance.  If you should receive an email from any staff member of St. Gabriel, please make sure to check the ENTIRE email address.  We will ALWAYS use the saintgabriel.net email address and it will have our church logo at the end of the message.  An additional way to determine if the email is from Fr. Kirk is that he will sign +JMJ+ after his name.

Checking email addresses and NOT responding to pleas is a good practice to exercise when reading emails from any source.

If you should have any questions, please call the office at 719-528-8407.

________________________________

Knights of Columbus Keep Christ in Christmas Poster Contest

Return completed posters NLT 20 Jan to the Church with Poster Contest Entry Form.

________________________________

9 Days for Life
Join thousands of Catholics nationwide in the annual pro-life novena, 9 Days for Life, Monday, January 14 – Tuesday, January 22. Pray for the respect of all human life with daily intentions, brief reflections, and more. Download a free mobile app, or sign up to receive the novena through daily emails or text message. (A printable version is also available online.) Sign up at www.9daysforlife.com! Stop by the Table in the Narthex this weekend for a printable version of the pro-life novena and other Respect Life resources.   Respect Life Coordinator:  Angela McGrady admcgrady at gmail.com.

________________________________

Altar Flowers

Do you know that the beautiful flowers you see in church every weekare all donation based. You can sign up and dedicate flowers in honor of or in memory of loved ones. The sign up book is at the welcome desk. Flowers will be displayed starting Friday before the weekend of your choice and remain in front of the altar for a week. Flower dedications will also be highlighted in the bulletin. The minimum donation for the flowers has been reduced from $50 to $35. If there is not a request for flowers on a given weekend, there will be not be flowers in front of the altar.

________________________________

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Sun: YSF 9:45-11:15am

Sun: RCIC 9:45-11:15am.

Sun: RCIA 9:45-11:15am

Sun: Faith Formation Grades K-5 11:45am-1:15pm.

Sun: Faith Formation Grades 6-Confirmation 2:30-4pm.

Sun: YDisciples 5:45-7:15pm.

Upcoming Events

Mon, Jan 14: Faith Formation Grades K-7 4:30-6pm.

Mon, Jan 14: Biblical School 6:30pm.

Mon, Jan 14: Health and Safety Team Meeting 7pm.

Mon, Jan 14: YAM Holy Hour and Social 7pm.

Tues, Jan 15: ESL Class 9am.

Tues, Jan 15: SoulCore 9-10am.

Tues, Jan 15: EPIC bible study 9:30am.

Wed, Jan 16: Eucharistic Adoration as scheduled. Pray the Rosary 6pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:30pm.

Wed, Jan 16: Children's Choir 5:15pm.

Thurs, Jan 17: ESL Class 9am.

Fri, Jan 18: Date Night 6-8pm.

Sat, Jan 19: Spanish and English Baptism Class 8:30am-12:30pm.

Save the Date

Jan 18-20: High School Rally.

Jan 28: Walk Toward Eternity Bible Study Begins

Feb 16-17: Middle School Rally

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>