[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Mar 15 09:26:13 PDT 2019

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
March 15, 2019

________________________________

Beacon of Faith Campaign Update-Phase 1-Parish Hall

Total intentions to date: $2,064,052.84

Total amount collected to date: $1,213,109.33

There is still time to get your pledge in. Just go to

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form and fill in the form.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

Shadow Stations of the Cross and Soup Supper Tonight

Tonight the Y Disciple Teens will be presenting the Shadow Stations of the Cross at 6:00pm. This is a non-traditional dramatic representation of each station of our Lord’s journey to Calvary. Everyone is invited to join us. It will be followed by a soup supper.

________________________________

Change to Confirmation Retreat This Weekend

Due to damage at the Ponderosa Retreat Center, the Confirmation Retreat this weekend has changed locations. It will now be held at St. Gabriel. Confirmation kids come to St. Gabriel tonight at 5:30pm. Call or text Kim Seiler if you have any questions, 719-209-6229.

________________________________

Daily Mass for Annunciation

On March 25th, there will be a Mass at 12:15 for the Annunciation of the Lord. There will also be Confessions at 11:50am. This is a Solemnity not a Holy Day of Obligation. The Annunciation of the Lord is when the angel Gabriel visits Blessed Virgin Mary to inform her that she was to be the Mother of the Savior. After giving her consent to God’s word, Mary became the Mother of Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit.

________________________________

FLU UPDATE

The Precious Blood will start being distributed the weekend of March 23rd. Please refrain from receiving the Precious Blood if you are experiencing symptoms of illness. The hand sanitizer station will still be available.

________________________________

EASTER FLOWERS

With Easter fast approaching, your donations for flowers would be greatly appreciated. This will allow us to beautify the nave and narthex for our Easter celebration. We will have envelopes on a table in the narthex the weekends of March 30/31 and April 6/7. Please place the donation envelopes in the white mailbox outside the office. Thank you so much for your contributions!

________________________________

SISTERS OF MERCIFUL JESUS

The Sisters of the Merciful Jesus will be coming to our diocese from March 21-26. This Congregation of Sisters, originally inspired by the Lord to St. Faustina, was founded in 1947. The following is a list of their activities and devotions at St. Patrick Catholic Church while they are with us. In addition they will be visiting St. Peter Catholic School and Catholic Charities. Please join us and welcome them to our Diocese. For more information email us at divinemercy at diocs.org

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Fri: Shadow Stations of the Cross at 6pm followed by Soup Supper.

Fri: Altar Server Training 6:30-7:30pm.

Sat: Spanish and English Baptism Class 8:30am-12:30pm.

Sat: CPR Class 9am-1pm.

Sat: Altar Server Training 10-11am.

Sat: Date Night 6-8pm.

Sun: YSF 9:45-11:15am

Sun: RCIC 9:45-11:15am.

Sun: RCIA 9:45-11:15am

Sun: YDisciples 5:45-7:15pm.

Sun: Financial Peace University 6pm.

Upcoming Events

Mon, Mar 18: Biblical School 6:30pm.

Mon, Mar 18: Walk Toward Eternity Bible Study 7pm.

Tues, Mar 19: ESL Class 9am.

Tues, Mar 19: SoulCore 9-10am.

Tues, Mar 19: EPIC bible study 9:30am.

Wed, Mar 20: High School Outreach 7-7:30am.

Wed, Mar 20: Eucharistic Adoration as Scheduled. Pray the Rosary at 6:00pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:30pm.

Wed, Mar 20: Magnificat Moms Meeting 9:30-11am.

Wed, Mar 20: Children's Choir 5:15pm.

Thurs, Mar 21: ESL Class 9am.

Fri, Mar 22: Stations of the Cross 6pm followed by Knight of Columbus Fish Fry.

Save The date

March 31: Knights of Columbus Free Breakfast after 8:30am Mass.

April 27: CPR Class 9am-1pm

June 24-28: Vacation Bible School

July 17-19: Mission Possible

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>