[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Mar 29 10:12:07 PDT 2019

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
March 29, 2019

________________________________

Beacon of Faith Campaign Update-Phase 1-Parish Hall

Total intentions to date: $2,064,052.84

Total amount collected to date: $1,213,109.33

There is still time to get your pledge in. Just go to

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form and fill in the form.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

Stations of the Cross and Soup Supper Tonight

Join us for Stations of the Cross at 6pm. Stations will be followed by a soup supper provided by the 12:30pm Mass Parishioners.

________________________________

Sidewalk Advocates for Life-Basic Training

Basic Training will be held on May 4 from 9:30am-3pm at Hope House at Holy Trinity Catholic Church (3101 Poinsetta Dr, near the intersection of Fillmore and Hancock). Please register for training via SignUpGenius.com using the following reference email: julie at baileypeople.com<mailto:julie at baileypeople.com>. You can also contact Julie, Coordinator of Sidewalk Advocates for Life-Colorado Springs, with any questions. Are you called to peacefully and lovingly reach out to mothers in crisis at your local abortion facility and help save lives? Join us for this comprehensive, interactive training!

________________________________

Easter Flowers

With Easter fast approaching, your donations for flowers would be greatly appreciated. This will allow us to beautify the nave and narthex for our Easter celebration. We will have envelopes on a table in the narthex the weekends of March 30/31 and April 6/7. Please place the donation envelopes in the white mailbox outside the office. Thank you so much for your contributions!

________________________________

Lent Confession Schedule

March 30        1:30-3:30pm

April 6                  1:30-3:30pm

April 13          1:30-3:30pm

April 20         No Confessions

Confession is also available Tuesday-Friday from 11:50am-12:10pm.

________________________________

Marian House

Did you know St. Gabriel sponsors a volunteer work group the 2nd Thursday of each month at the Marian House? We provide assistance in the daily meal preparation, service and cleanup and we would love for you to join us.  We are always in need of additional help.  There are two shifts available, either 7:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. or 10:00 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.  Volunteers age 13-16 will need a volunteer parent present and age 16-18 will need a parental consent form all done online with your initial application.  Our next scheduled workday is Thursday April 11.  If interested Contact Kitty Dalechek, dalecksr at hotmail.com<mailto:dalecksr at hotmail.com> or 719-344-5560.

________________________________

Unplanned Movie

Showtimes for Unplanned are from 29 March-3 April at:  Cinemark Tinseltown 7:10pm and 9:44 pm.       Cinemark carefree circle 7:10 and 9:50 pm.    Regal Cinemas Interquest. 7pm and 9:45 pm.   These are NOT free showings.   There are no tickets for free showings.  Contact amcgrady at gmail.com<mailto:amcgrady at gmail.com> if you have questions.

________________________________

Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament – Holy Thursday/ Good Friday

At the end of the Holy Thursday liturgy, the Blessed Sacrament is transferred from the tabernacle to a Chapel of Repose, where we spend time in adoration. Our parish period of Eucharistic Adoration will begin immediately after the Mass on Holy Thursday (April 18) and continue through the night, ending on Good Friday (April 19) at 2pm, immediately before the Friday Passion of the Lord. We need adorers to spend at least one hour with Our Lord. A sign-up sheet is located in the Narthex. If you have any questions, please contact Kathy Thomas, 528-8407, or email kthomas at saintgabriel.net<mailto:kthomas at saintgabriel.net>.

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Fri: Stations of the Cross at 6pm followed by Soup Supper.

Sat-Sun: Bin drop off for Gabriel’s Gifts.

Sun: Knights of Columbus Free Breakfast after 8:30am Mass.

Sun: YSF 9:45-11:15am

Sun: RCIC 9:45-11:15am.

Sun: RCIA 9:45-11:15am.

Sun: Faith Formation Homeschool Meeting 12:45-2:15pm.

Sun: Sunday and Monday Faith Formation Grades 6-Confirmation Epic Meeting 2:30-4pm.

Sun: Financial Peace University 6pm.

Upcoming Events

Mon, Apr 1: Biblical School 6:30pm.

Mon, Apr 1: Walk Toward Eternity Bible Study 7pm.

Tues, Apr 2: ESL Class 9am.

Tues, Apr 2: EPIC bible study 9:30am.

Tues, Apr 2: Respect Life Meeting 6pm.

Tues, Apr 2: Outreach Committee Meeting 7pm.

Wed, Apr 3: Magnificat Moms Meeting 9:30-11am.

Wed, Apr 3: Eucharistic Adoration as Scheduled. Pray the Rosary at 6:00pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:30pm.

Wed, Apr 3: Children's Choir 5:15pm.

Wed, Apr 3: Knights of Columbus 4th Degree Meeting 7pm.

Thurs, Apr 4: ESL Class 9am.

Fri, Apr 5: First Friday Adoration 10am-12pm.

Fri, Apr 5: Stations of the Cross 6pm followed by Soup Supper provided by Liturgy and Worship Music Ministry.

Sun, Apr 7: Hymnal Swap after 4:30pm Mass.

Save The date

April 27: First Communion Retreat

May 11: Faith Formation end of the year celebration.

June 24-28: Vacation Bible School

July 17-19: Mission Possible

July 21-26: Totus Tuus.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>