[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Thu May 2 10:29:34 PDT 2019

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
May 2, 2019

________________________________

Beacon of Faith Campaign Update-Phase 1-Parish Hall

Total intentions to date: $2,068,616.84

Total amount collected to date: $1,249,968.23

There is still time to get your pledge in. Just go to

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form and fill in the form.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

May Crowning
On Saturday May 4th, we will celebrate the May Crowning at the 5pm Mass. All  are invited to bring a few flowers from their garden to present to Mary. Vases are provided for the flowers.

There will also be a May Crowning Celebration Dinner from 6-8pm on May 4th. Tickets will be on Sale after Masses on April 28th. There is a recommended donation of $10 per person or $40 for a family of 4 or more. All proceeds  go toward Ballet Folklorico (Spanish Dancers)Scholarship Retreat. For more information, contact the parish office 528-8407.

Get your tickets at:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/may-crowning-celebration-dinne…<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/may-crowning-celebration-dinner-may-4th-6-8pm-tickets-60730686117?fbclid=IwAR1XvAgkWl-3Kw3aHFy-7gq2mvRjoiPPu7ndHRVTQWwPkARsQpzYOFkD9dA>
________________________________

Graduating Seniors
If you are a graduating high school senior, we would like to invite you to a Baccalaureate Mass in your honor. It will be during the 4:30 mass on May 19th. Please wear your gown and bring your cap. There will be cake and punch served after mass. Come, join your Catholic friends and family for a blessing as you begin your next step in life’s journey.
________________________________

Fair Trade Coffee and Chocolate
Fair Trade coffee and chocolate will be available this weekend, May 4-5. In addition to receiving a quality product, you can make a positive difference in the world by helping impoverished coffee growers earn fair wages for their labor.
________________________________

Evangelization Team
“All who believe in Christ should feel, as an integral part of their faith, an apostolic concern to pass on to others its light and joy." - St. John Paul II

St. Gabriel's Evangelization Team would like to invite you to a potluck dinner on Tuesday, May 14th at 6 p.m. in the St Kateri room to learn more the team's plans and activities for the upcoming year.  Please bring a main dish or a dessert to share while meeting the current members of the team and hearing about the plans to pass on the joy of our faith to others both inside and outside of St. Gabriel's.
________________________________

Walk for Life

Go the extra mile for a baby!  Participate in the 32nd Annual Walk for Life on Saturday, June 1st! Last year over 600 walkers went the “extra mile” and provided funds for Life Network and the Colorado Springs Pregnancy Center, helping to reach over 15,000 individuals in our community. Our goal is as many  fundraising walkers from our parish as possible – will you join us? Get a pledge sheet from the Walk information table in the narthex or visit www.WalkForLife.com<http://www.walkforlife.com/>. Or contact Angela McGrady, the St. Gabriel Respect Life Coordinator  admcgrady at gmail.com<mailto:admcgrady at gmail.com>

________________________________

St. John Vianney Veneration

Thanks to the Knights of Columbus, the incorrupt heart of St. John Vianney, the Curé of Ars, will be in our diocese on Friday, May 10th, from 1:00 pm until 4:00 pm at St. Mary’s Cathedral for  veneration by the faithful.  You are invited to visit the cathedral for prayer and veneration any time between those hours.

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Fri, May 2: First Friday Adoration 10am-12pm.

Sat, May 4: Confirmation Mass 10am.

Sun, May 5: RCIC/YSF/RCIA 9:45-11:15am.

Sun, May 5: Faith Formation Grades K-5 11:45am-1:15pm.

Sun, May 5: Faith Formation Homeschool Meeting 12:45-2:15pm.

Sun, May 5: Faith Formation Grades 6-Confirmation 2:30-4pm.

Sun, May 5: YDisciples 5:45-7:15pm.

Sun, May 5: Financial Peace University 6pm.

Upcoming Events

Mon, May 6: Faith Formation Grades K-7 4:30-6pm.

Mon, May 6: Biblical School 6:30pm.

Mon, May 6: Walk Toward Eternity Bible Study 7pm.

Mon, May 6: Health and Safety Team Meeting 7pm. All are Welcome.

Tues, May 7: ESL Class 9am.

Tues, May 7: EPIC bible study 9:30am.

Tues, May 7: Respect Life Meeting 6pm.

Tues, May 7: Outreach Meeting 7pm.

Wed, May 8: Eucharistic Adoration as Scheduled. Pray the Rosary at 6:00pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:30pm.

Wed, May 8: Children's Choir 5:15pm.

Wed, May 8: Knights of Columbus Meeting 7pm.

Thurs, May 9: ESL Class 9am.

Fri, May 10: Front Office will be closed. There will be daily Mass at 12:15pm and Confessions at 11:50am.

Fri, May 10: Divine Mercy Cenacle after Daily Mass.

Sat, May 11: Women of Faith Breakfast 8:30-10:30am.

Sat, May 11: CPR Class 9am-1pm.

Sat, May 11: Faith Formation End of the Year Celebration 10:30am-12:30pm.

Save The date
May 18: Spanish and English Baptism Class 8:30am-12:30pm.
May 18-19: First Communion Masses.

June 24-28: Vacation Bible School

July 17-19: Mission Possible

July 21-26: Totus Tuus.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>