[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Thu May 9 11:11:40 PDT 2019

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
May 9, 2019

________________________________

Beacon of Faith Campaign Update-Phase 1-Parish Hall
Total intentions to date: $2,072,397.84
Total amount collected to date: $1,298,575.92

There is still time to get your pledge in. Just go to

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form and fill in the form.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

Graduating Seniors
If you are a graduating high school senior, we would like to invite you to a Baccalaureate Mass in your honor. It will be during the 4:30 mass on May 19th. Please wear your gown and bring your cap. There will be cake and punch served after mass. Come, join your Catholic friends and family for a blessing as you begin your next step in life’s journey.
________________________________
Encounter the Risen Christ
We have prayed, fasted and given alms—and now celebrate Easter joy! Our Lenten journey with CRS Rice Bowl ends as we encounter our Risen Lord. Reflecting on our brothers and sisters we have walked with this season, we turn to bringing Easter joy to each person met in our daily lives. Your generous support and continuing prayers will bring change to many in despair. Please turn in your CRS Rice Bowl contribution during faith formation classes or the Narthex display till May 12. Thank you!
________________________________

Ordination Anniversaries
 Congratulations to:
¨ Fr. Kirk on the 11th anniversary of his Ordination (May 17, 2008).
¨ Deacon Mike on the 7th anniversary of his Ordination (May 19, 2012).
¨ Deacon Dave on the 13th anniversary of his Ordination (May 27, 2006)

Thank you for all you do for our parish!
________________________________

Walk for Life

CALLING ALL SMALL GROUPS/MINISTRIES!  Walk as a team at the 32nd Annual Walk for Life on Saturday, June 1st. Give yourselves a team name and start asking people to sponsor you – making a difference in the life of an unborn child really is that easy! Get a pledge sheet from the Walk information table in the Narthex or visit www.WalkForLife.com<http://www.walkforlife.com/> for more information about teams, or contact Angela McGrady admccgrady at gmail.com<mailto:admccgrady at gmail.com>

________________________________

St. John Vianney Veneration

Thanks to the Knights of Columbus, the incorrupt heart of St. John Vianney, the Curé of Ars, will be in our diocese on Friday, May 10th, from 1:00 pm until 4:00 pm at St. Mary’s Cathedral for  veneration by the faithful.  You are invited to visit the cathedral for prayer and veneration any time between those hours.

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Fri, May 10: Office Hours 12-5pm.

Fri, May 10: Altar Server Training 6-7pm.

Sat, May 11: Women of Faith Breakfast 8:30-10:30am.

Sat, May 11: Altar Server Training 9-10am.

Sat, May 11: CPR Class 9am-1pm.

Sun, May 12: Faith Formation End of the Year Celebration 10:30am-12:30pm.

Upcoming Events

Mon, May 13: Biblical School 6:30pm.

Mon, May 13: YAM Holy Hour and Social 6:30pm.

Mon, May 13: Walk Toward Eternity Bible Study 7pm.

Tues, May 14: ESL Class 9am.

Tues, May 14: SoulCore 9am.

Tues, May 14: EPIC bible study 9:30am.

Tues, May 14: Evangelization Team Potluck Dinner Meeting 6pm.

Wed, May 15: High School Outreach Meeting 7-7:30am.

Wed, May 15: Eucharistic Adoration as Scheduled. Pray the Rosary at 6:00pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:30pm.

Wed, May 15: Magnificat Moms 9:30am.

Wed, May 15: Children's Choir 5:15pm.

Thurs, May 16: ESL Class 9am.

Sat, May 18: English and Spanish Baptism Class 8:30am-12:30pm.

Sat, May 18: First Communion 5pm Mass.

Sun, May 19: RCIC and RCIA Classes 9:45am.

Sun, May 19: First Communion Masses 8:30am, 10:30am, and 12:30pm.

Sun, May 19: Financial Peace University 6pm.

Save The date

June 24-28: Vacation Bible School

July 17-19: Mission Possible

July 21-26: Totus Tuus.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>