[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri May 24 09:33:54 PDT 2019

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
May 24, 2019
________________________________

Beacon of Faith Campaign Update-Phase 1-Parish Hall
Total intentions to date: $2,072,397.84
Total amount collected to date: $1,298,575.92

There is still time to get your pledge in. Just go to

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form and fill in the form.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________
Walk for Life
The 32nd annual Walk for Life is this Saturday!  Join hundreds of others THIS Saturday, June 1st, at Memorial Park to support the life-saving work of Life Network and the Colorado Springs Pregnancy Center.  Every $150 you raise will provide free support services for 3 clients and their babies. Get a pledge sheet from the information table or  visit www.WalkForLife.com<http://www.walkforlife.com/> or contact Angela McGrady admcgrady at gmai.com<mailto:admcgrady at gmai.com>
________________________________
Giving Thanks

Individuals and families in our parish contributed a total of $1447.98 for this year’s Rice Bowl campaign. 25% of this donation will stay in our diocese for local needs. Catholic Relief Services is sincerely grateful for your generous support this Lenten season. Thank you!

________________________________

Faith Formation Needs You!

As we prepare for the 2019 - 2020 Faith Formation Year, we are reminded of the need for dedicated Christians to serve in the Faith Formation Ministries.

Every year we grateful for all who volunteer! We also are faced with the reality that due to life, family, or work events some in our volunteer force will leave us. For our programs to be a success we need to fill vacancies in the following positions:

Catechist: The catechist is the primary teacher in our classrooms and will manage all aspects of the classroom to include timeliness and student behavior. Facilitator: The facilitator uses guided discussion techniques to engage the students/participants and help them discover the truths of the church.

Mentor: A mentor is an experienced and trusted advisor. As a mentor it is important to be a good listener with an open mind and heart.

Assistant/Aide: The assistant/aide helps set up the classroom with needed supplies, make copies as requested, help with projects, and cleans up the classroom.

If you feel called to serve contact Dcn Mike, Cindy, or Kim, 528-8407

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Fri, May 24: Divine Mercy Prayer Cenacle after Daily Mass.

Sun, May 26: Knights of Columbus Free Breakfast after 8:30am Mass.

Upcoming Events

Mon, May 27: Office Closed for Memorial Day Holiday. No Confessions or Daily Mass.

Wed, May 29: Eucharistic Adoration as Scheduled. Pray the Rosary at 6:00pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:30pm.

Wed, May 29: Children's Choir 5:15pm.

Thurs, May 30: Shroud Seminar 6:30pm.

Save The date

June1-2: Fair Trade Coffee and Chocolate for sale after Masses.

June 1-2: K of C hosts sign ups in narthex for June 16 blood drive.

June 3: Health and Safety Team Meeting 7pm. All are welcome.

June 7: Altar Server Training 6-7pm.

June 8: Women of Faith Breakfast 8:30-10:30am.

June 8: Altar Server Training 9-10am.

June 8-9: K of C hosts sign ups in narthex for June 16 blood drive.

June 10: Wisdom Bible Study begins 7pm.

June 15: Spanish and English Baptism Classes 8:30am-12:30pm.

June 16: Blood Drive in roundabout.

June 24-28: Vacation Bible School

June 28: Parish Picnic at Cordera 6-9:30pm.

July 17-19: Mission Possible

July 21-26: Totus Tuus.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>