[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Aug 23 10:48:54 PDT 2019

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
August 23, 2019
________________________________

Beacon of Faith Campaign Update-Phase 1-Parish Hall
Total Families donating: 561
Total Intentions received: 348
People giving without intention: 213
Families who fulfilled/exceeded commitment: 59
TOTAL INTENTIONS (including in kind):$2,069,298.44
Amount collected: $1,386,147.76

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

Walk to end Hunger
The Walk to End Hunger, to be held Saturday, Sept 7, is beginning to collect food for Mercy’s Gate, part of our Briarfest events.  Please bring food pantry and personal hygiene items, and place them in the large bin in the narthex.  We’ll be collecting through Briarfest weekend.  Our goal is 6,000 lbs. this year, and to double the people involved in the Walk on Sept. 7.  See the bulletin for more information on how to register for the free Walk, or go to Briarfest.com.
________________________________

Health and Safety Team
We’re hosting a Blood Drive Sunday, Sept 1st, in the roundabout. Reservations are required.  Sign up at https://donors.vitalant.org/ then select MAKE AN APPOINTMENT, activate BLOOD DRIVE CODE, and then enter 20001.  Notes:  Vitalant changed their website so a previous link we advertised became “broken” during July.  We’ve expanded to 36 Openings from 8:00 am through 12:30 pm with additional Vitalant Technicians compared to the June 16th Drive.  Bring a Photo ID with your Date of Birth (DoB) listed. Minimum age is 16.  Signing up on-line is required and much easier.
________________________________

Briarfest Mass Change
Due to Briarfest cleanup, the 4:30 PM Mass on Sept 8 is cancelled.  Please attend another Mass time that weekend.
________________________________
Briarfest Silent Auction Online Bidding
Mark your calendar, on Monday, August 26, 2019, the Silent Auction Mobile Bidding will be up and running live.  Although Briarfest doesn't kick off till September 6, we are opening up the bidding only for our Saint Gabriel parishioners.  You  can register your phones now to avoid any delays during Briarfest, and wait it get's better YOU CAN ALSO BEGIN BIDDING.  The mobile application is very user friendly and only requires you to setup an account, which only takes a couple minutes.  Once you log in, the system will direct you through the setup process.  We can also easily communicate to you via text messaging when the following conditions arise, when you have placed a bid and someone has out bid you, a notice of all items that do not have a bid, when we lower prices, when we are ready to close and when we will begin processing the charges.  You will also receive a receipt via a text message that you will need to show in order to pick up your merchandise.  We are excited about this years mobile bidding and feel its taking us to the next level in technology.  If you have issues setting up the application, which we aren't expecting any, we will have representatives from the company on-sight through out the 3 day Briarfest Silent Auction to help troubleshoot.  We are also setting up a Christmas Store in the Newman Room, make sure you visit us during Briarfest.  Once again this year we do have the BUY-IT-NOW option. Click on the following link to setup your phone for mobile bidding.  qtego.net/qlink/stgabrielaacc   then click on Register for Event. Keep looking because new baskets will be added all the way until Briarfest kicks off.
________________________________
Briarfest Volunteers Needed
Volunteers are still needed for Briarfest 2019 (Sept 6, 7, and 8).  If you are able to help out, please go to www.briarfest.com<http://www.briarfest.com> and select the Volunteer Link to register. Sign up early so the correct size t-shirt can be ordered for you. Thank you.
Next Briarfest orientation is August 26th at 6:30pm.

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Fri: Altar Server Training 6pm.

Sat: CPR Class 9am-1pm.

Sat: Altar Server Training 9am.

Sun: Knights of Columbus Free Breakfast after 8:30am Mass.

Sun: RCIC and YSF sign in 9:45am.

Sun: Faith Formation K-5 Class Check In 11:45am.

Sun: Faith Formation Grades 6-Confirmation Check in 2:30pm.

Sun: YDisciples Kick Off 5:45-7:15pm.

Upcoming Events

Mon, Aug 26: Faith Formation Grades K-7 Class Check In 4:30pm.

Mon, Aug 26: Briarfest Orientation 6:30pm.

Wed, Aug 28: Eucharistic Adoration as Scheduled. Pray the Rosary at 6:00pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:30pm.

Wed, Aug 28: Knights of Columbus Meeting 7pm.

Thurs, Aug 29: Shrine Seminar 6:30pm.

Save The date

Sept 1: Blood Drive.

Sept 29: 6-7th Grade Outing.

Oct 5: Pet Blessing 9am.

Nov 1: Walk with the Martyrs

Nov 9: Confirmation Outing.

Feb 8, 2020: Women’s Conference.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>