[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Sep 27 11:13:38 PDT 2019

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
September 27, 2019
________________________________
Increased Offertory Program
Our Increased Offertory Program Commitment Sunday is this weekend at all [Logo Design - The Work OF Our Hands] Masses. We encourage all parishioners to complete and turn in your Commitment Cards to the church. The Commitment Card contains information on how to plan your increased offertory gift to the church, and asks for your commitment over the next year. If you have  any questions regarding this program, or how to give electronically, please contact the parish office.

Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and prosper for us the work of our hands— O prosper the work of our hands!
-Psalm 90:17
________________________________

No Daily Mass Week of Oct 7th
Due to the priest fall leadership retreat, there will be no daily masses or confessions the week of October 7th.
________________________________

Thank you
Thank you to everyone who donated money for the Our Lady of Grace Project. The consecration and blessing has been postponed until November 10th after the 10:30am Mass.
________________________________

Blessing of the Pets
To mark the memorial of St. Francis of Assisi, you are invited to participate in the Blessing of the Pets, to be held on Saturday, October 5, at 9:00 AM.  Please bring your pet in a carrier or on a leash!
________________________________

Unplanned
The Respect Life Committee will feature a FREE showing of “UNPLANNED”
on Sunday October, 13th, 2019 at 6 p.m. Please RSVP at admcgrady at gmail.com.
________________________________

Volunteers Needed
Donuts and coffee? Yes please!  Enjoy the sweetness of serving your fellow parishioners these delights.  All Sunday morning Masses are available for your generous offer of time and service.  Please contact Bobby Campbell at 719-282-7853 or rgamahomee at msn.com.  Thank you!
________________________________

Marian House

Did you know St. Gabriel sponsors a volunteer work group the 2nd Thursday of each month at the Marian House? We provide assistance in the daily meal preparation, service and cleanup and we would love for you to join us.  We are always in need of additional help.  There are two shifts available, either 7:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. or 10:00 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.  Our next scheduled workday is Thursday October 10.  All volunteer's need to complete a one-time online application and for more information please Contact Kitty Dalechek, dalecksr at hotmail.com or 719-344-5560

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Sun: Knights of Columbus Free Breakfast after 8:30am Mass.
Sun: RCIC/YSF/RCIA 9:45-11:15am.
Sun: Financial Peace University 2-4pm.
Sun: YDisciples 5:45-7:15pm.

Upcoming Events

Mon, Sept 30: Biblical School Yr 2 6:30pm.

Mon, Sept 30: Romans Bible Study 7pm.

Tues, Oct 1: Respect Life Meeting 6pm.

Tues, Oct 1: Outreach Meeting 7pm.

Wed, Oct 2: Magnificat Moms Meeting 9:30am.

Wed, Oct 2: Eucharistic Adoration as Scheduled. Pray the Rosary at 6:00pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:30pm.

Wed, Oct 2: Knights of Columbus 4th Degree Meeting 7pm.

Fri, Oct 4: First Friday Adoration 10am-12pm.

Sat, Oct 5: Pet Blessing 9am.

Save The date

Oct 8: Revelation Bible Study Begins 9:30am.

Oct 12: Kid Zone.

Oct 25: Epic 6-8th grade Lock-In 9-11:30pm.

Nov 1: Walk with the Martyrs 7:30-11pm.

Nov 9: St. Gabriel Craft Fair

Nov 16: First Reconciliation Retreat.

Nov 23-24: YDisciples Retreat.

Feb 8, 2020: Women’s Conference.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>