[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Thu Oct 31 11:23:55 PDT 2019

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
October 31, 2019
________________________________
All Hallows Eve Celebration Oct 31 5:30-6:30pm
Please be sure to stop by our trunk or treat tonight.
________________________________
All Saint’s Day Masses-Friday November 1st
Friday November 1st is All Saint’s Day. This is a Holy Day of Obligation. Masses are at 12:15pm and 6:30pm.
________________________________
Walk with the Martyrs Friday November 1st
EPIC Middle School Faith Formation invites all parishioners, families, and friends to join us for a live reenactment of Christian martyrdom.
6:30pm   All Saints Day Mass
7:30pm   Heavy Hors D'oeuvres
Last name:   A-M bring dessert
                          N-Z  finger foods
8:00 – 9:00pm  Walk with the MARTYRS
9:00 – 10:00pm   clean up
________________________________
All Soul’s Day Mass-Saturday November 2nd
On Saturday November 2nd there will be a Mass at 10am for All Soul’s Day.
________________________________
The Triumph: A Parish Mission-Nov 3-6, 2019
More than ever in the history of the world, we are in need of our Heavenly Mother. Many popes have consecrated the world to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and now is the time for us to consecrate ourselves to her Immaculate Heart. Come hear Fr. David Gunter, MIC, give his testimony of his experience of the powerful intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Learn why the Church venerates her, and understand the “Triumph” of the Immaculate Heart.
Sunday, Nov. 3 6:30 p.m.: Presentation — Testimony and Introduction
Monday, Nov. 4 6:30 p.m.: Presentation — Catechesis Background
Tuesday, Nov. 5 6:30 p.m.: Presentation — What Has Heaven Been Saying to Us?
Wednesday, Nov. 6 6:30 p.m.: Presentation — Final Remarks Concerning “The Triumph.”
________________________________
33 Days to Morning Glory
Parish Retreat, Nov 6 - Dec 8, 2019
An extraordinary 33-day journey to Marian consecration with four giants of Marian spirituality: St. Louis de Montfort, St. Maximilian Kolbe, St. Teresa of Calcutta, and St. John Paul II. A user-friendly, do-it-yourself retreat that will bless even the busiest of people. So, if you've been thinking about entrusting yourself to Mary for the first time or if you're simply looking to deepen and renew your devotion to her, this retreat is right for you!
For more information contact the office at 528-8407
________________________________
Saint Gabriel Craft Fair
The Saint Gabriel Craft Fair will be held on Saturday November 9th from 8:30am until 3pm. Come get your Christmas shopping done early. We will have a wide variety of items for sale as all our vendor spots have been filled. Items for sale include: soy candles, bird houses, jewelry, photographs, soaps and bath salts, pet supplies, and much, much, more. St Gabriel YDisciples will have a bake sale table and will be selling hot dogs, chips, and drinks. Vendor tables are full at this time.
________________________________
Thank You
A very special thank you to everyone who helped prior to the Briarfest Silent Auction, during and after.  You all made it so very easy and your support is greatly appreciated. Thank you to our St. Gabriel Families who always donate items, gift baskets and most importantly your time and talents to make this year's event so successful. Thank you again and blessings to all.        Judy Gamble
________________________________
Advent By Candlelight
Advent will soon be upon us. It is a time to look forward to the birth of Jesus in our lives. A good way to reflect on the beauty of Advent, get to know other women in the parish, and have a relaxing day is by attending the Advent By Candlelight event.  All women of the Parish are invited and welcome to attend. Signups for the event will be one weekend only on November 9/10 in the Narthex after all Masses. Advent By Candlelight will be on Saturday, Dec. 7th.

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Thurs: Trunk or Treat 5:30-6:30pm.

Fri: First Friday Adoration 10am-12pm.

Fri: Office Closed for All Saint’s Day. This is a Holy Day of Obligation. Masses will be at 12:15pm and 6:30pm.

Fri: Walk with the Martyrs 6:30-10pm.

Sat: All Saint’s Day Mass at 10am.

Sun: Fair Trade Coffee and Chocolate for Sale after Masses.
Sun: RCIC/YSF/RCIA 9:45-11:15am.
Sun: Faith Formation Grades K-5 11:45am-1:15pm.
Sun: Faith Formation Grades 6-Confirmation 2:30-4pm.

Sun: YDisciples 5:45-7:15pm.

Sun: The Triumph: A Parish Mission 6:30pm.

Upcoming Events

Mon, Nov 4: Faith Formation Grades K-g 4:30-6pm.

Mon, Nov 4: The Triumph: A Parish Mission 6:30pm.

Mon, Nov 4: Biblical School Yr 2 6:30pm.

Tues, Nov 5: Revelation Bible Study 9:30am.

Tues, Nov 5: The Triumph: A Parish Mission 6:30pm.

Tues, Nov 5: Respect Life Meeting 6:30pm.

Tues, Nov 5: Outreach Meeting 7pm.

Wed. Nov 6: Magnificat Moms Meeting 9:30am.

Wed, Nov 6: Eucharistic Adoration 10am-5pm. Adoration will end with Simple Reposition at 5pm so we can prepare for the parish mission.

Wed, Nov 6: Children’s Choir 5:15pm.

Wed, Nov 6: The Triumph: A Parish Mission 6:30pm..

Wed, Nov 6: Knights of Columbus 4th Degree Meeting 7pm.

Thurs, Nov 7: Office Closed. There will be Confessions at 11:50am and Daily Mass at 12:15pm.

Sat, Nov 9: Saint Gabriel Craft Fair 8:30am to 3pm.

Save the Date

Nov 6-Dec 8: 33 Days to Morning Glory Parish Retreat.

Nov 16: First Reconciliation Retreat.

Nov 23-24: YDisciples Retreat.

Dec 7: Advent by Candlelight.

Feb 8, 2020: Women’s Conference.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>