[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Nov 8 12:01:57 PST 2019

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
November 8, 2019
________________________________
Saint Gabriel Craft Fair-Tomorrow!
The Saint Gabriel Craft Fair will be held on Saturday November 9th from 8:30am until 3pm. Come get your Christmas shopping done early. We will have a wide variety of items for sale as all our vendor spots have been filled. Items for sale include: soy candles, bird houses, jewelry, photographs, soaps and bath salts, pet supplies, and much, much, more. St Gabriel YDisciples will have a bake sale table and will be selling hot dogs, chips, and drinks.
________________________________
Advent By Candlelight Sign Ups
Advent will soon be upon us. It is a time to look forward to the birth of Jesus in our lives. A good way to reflect on the beauty of Advent, get to know other women in the parish, and have a relaxing day is by attending the Advent By Candlelight event.  All women of the Parish are invited and welcome to attend. Signups for the event will be one weekend only on November 9/10 in the Narthex after all Masses. Advent By Candlelight will be on Saturday, Dec. 7th.
________________________________

Annual Thanksgiving Food Basket Drive
The Outreach Ministry is accepting donations for our annual Thanksgiving Food Basket drive. We will be providing Thanksgiving dinner to families in School District 20 as well as military veterans in need of assistance. Sign up at the table in the narthex to provide a complete meal or a partial meal. A shopping list for both is available at the sign-up table. Please return your food donations to the narthex by Sunday, November 17.  Thank you for supporting this community outreach program!
________________________________

Nursery/Preschool Committee Forming
Would you like help develop a plan for a nursery and/or preschool at Saint Gabriel?  We are searching for parishioners with Early Childhood Development experience to join our planning committee.  If you are interested, please contact Kim Seiler at kseiler at saintgabriel.net<mailto:kseiler at saintgabriel.net> or call 548-8407.
________________________________

Financial Peace Live-Free Event
Normal is Broke.
Normal is living paycheck-to-paycheck. Normal is feeling you don't have enough to be generous. Don't be normal. Be weird. Learn to banish debt, build a budget, work together and strengthen your relationship, and become the steward you are called to be. Join us at St. Gabriel on Nov. 20 for a FREE livestream of Financial Peace Live. Discover how to start taking baby steps toward your debt-free, financially secure, outrageously generous future. Doors open at 6 p.m.; the 2 ½-hour livestream event begins at 6:45 p.m. Visit fpu.com/1101743 to register. Child care will be provided. To register for child care, visit the Financial Peace University page at  www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>; deadline to register for child care is Nov 17.
________________________________
Second Collection This Weekend
This weekend our diocese will take up a collection for the Archdiocese of the Military Services, USA. This collection gives each of us the opportunity to serve those who serve. The funds raised from this collection will go toward helping the Archdiocese of the Military Services (AMS) ensure that all Catholic men, women and families have access to the sacraments, authentic Catholic information and the spiritual guidance of a Catholic chaplain wherever in the world they are stationed. The guiding Mission of the AMS is to provide the sacraments and the re-affirming Word of Christ - to the men and women serving in our armed forces, patients in VA Medical Center, civilians working for the federal government beyond US borders and their families. The AMS serves 1.8 million Catholics worldwide with approximately 500 priests. It is imperative that the Catholic faithful who defend our religious freedom do not have to sacrifice theirs. Thank you for your generosity in supporting the men and women who serve us around the world.

Online Resource Links

*   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

*   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

*   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Sat: Craft Fair 8:30am-3pm.
Sun: RCIC/YSF/RCIA 9:45-11:15am.

Upcoming Events

Mon, Nov 11: Biblical School Yr 2 6:30pm.

Mon, Nov 11: Romans Bible Study 9:30am.

Mon, Nov 11: YAM Holy Hour and Social 7pm.

Tues, Nov 12: SoulCore 9am.

Tues, Nov 12: Revelation Bible Study 9:30am.

Tues, Nov 12: Senior Social Group Meeting 12pm at Mimi's Café.

Tues, Nov 12: Health and Safety Team Meeting 7pm.

Wed, Nov 13: Eucharistic Adoration as needed. Pray the Rosary at 6pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction at 6:30pm.

Wed, Nov 13: YDisciples Pizza and Prayer 5pm.

Wed, Nov 13: Children's Choir 5:15pm.

Wed, Nov 13: Knights of Columbus Meeting 7pm.

Thurs, Nov 14: Pastoral Council Meeting 6:30pm.

Fri. Nov 15: Date Night 6pm.

Fri, Nov 15: Altar Server Training 6pm.

Sat, Nov 16: Spanish and English Baptism Class 8:30am-12:30pm.

Sat, Nov 16: Altar Server Training 9am.

Save the Date

Nov 20: Financial Peace Live-Free Event 6pm.

Nov 23-24: YDisciples Retreat.

Nov 23-24: Bethlehem Handicrafts for sale at all Masses.

Dec 6: Dana, Catherine, Holy Hour and Confessions

Dec 7: Advent by Candlelight.

Feb 8, 2020: Women's Conference.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>