[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Jan 10 10:51:44 PST 2020

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
January 10, 2019
________________________________

Initiative 120

In 2020 the citizens of Colorado may have the opportunity to vote on ending abortions from 22 weeks through birth.  In order to get Initiative 120 on the ballot, many signatures will need to be collected state wide.  Initiative 120 bans late-term abortion at or after 22 weeks gestation.  It provides loss of medical license & criminal penalty for the abortionist.  No criminal penalty for the mother. It provides exception for life of the mother.    Colorado was the first to decriminalize abortion in 1967.  Currently NO Limitation on abortions to birth • Only 25% support abortion with no limits • We need 125,000/200,000 Signatures. During the weekend of  11/12 January, volunteers from St. Gabriel will be available in the Narthex to collect signatures of registered Colorado voters.   If you have any questions, please contact Angel McGrady admcgrady at gmail.com<mailto:admcgrady at gmail.com>.

VOTE FOR LIFE!

________________________________
Flu Season
For the health and safety of our community during this flu season, Fr. Kirk has decided to refrain from distributing the Precious Blood to the assembly.  We will resume after the worst of the flu season. If you are unable to receive Precious Body due to gluten sensitivity, please talk with sacristan before Mass and they can make arrangements for you to receive the Precious Blood.
________________________________

Women’s Conference
Women’s Conference with Fr. Nathan Cromly @ St. Gabriel the Archangel, Colorado Springs, Saturday February 8, 2020 from 9:30-3:30. All adult women are welcome. Conference includes: Mass, formation talks, adoration, confession, fellowship& sharing. Conference is supported by your generous donations. Register at http://www.saintgabriel.net/
Registration is open until February 1st or until space is full. Lunch is included. Childcare availability is limited. For more information please contact the parish office.
________________________________

New Online Giving Portal -
Online giving at St. Gabriel the Archangel is evolving with new technology. As of Feb. 1, 2020 we hope to have transitioned all of parish members who have given online in the past to our new improved online portal.
Once you have setup your new online giving account the parish office will deactivate your old online account automatically.  By switching portals the parish benefits by saving in processing fees and reduced staff accounting time.   To get started visit our website at www.saintgabriel.net and press on the RED Online Giving tab.
 Many new features help make giving easier/faster to the Work of our Hands offertory and (BOF) capital campaign.  It also gives you the option of text to give.    Text to give: (719)-259-1165   Simply text the word GIVE and it will return a link to sign your phone up for online giving.  We are very grateful for your support of The Work of Our Hands.   If you have questions, please contact Marc Lanning: mlanning at saintgabriel.net
________________________________
March for Life
Please join the Diocese Respect Life Apostolate for the annual Rocky Mountain March for Life on 20 January 2020.  Gather at the sidewalk near Planned Parenthood on 3480 Centennial Blvd.  Start time is 8:15 am.   See flyers in Narthex for more information.
________________________________

Shroud Meetings
The American Confraternity of the Holy Shroud is hosting monthly Chapter meetings. Anyone interested in helping with the Confraternity’s activities, or becoming a full member, is very welcome to attend. The next meeting is January 29, 2020 at 6:30 pm here at St Gabriel’s in the fourplex. Please feel free to contact Evan McCarthy with any questions: evan.mccarthy.achs at gmail.com.

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Fri: YDisciples Lock in 7pm

Sat: Women of Faith Breakfast 8:30am.

Sun: RCIC/YSF/RCIA 9:45-11:15am.

Sun: Faith Formation Grades K-5 11:45am-1:15pm.

Sun: Faith Formation Grades 6-Confirmation 2:30-4pm.

Sun: YDisciples 5:45-7:15pm.

Upcoming Events
Mon, Jan 13: Faith Formation Grades K-7 4:30-6pm.
Mon, Jan 13: Fulfilled Bible Study begins 7pm.
Mon, Jan 13: Young Adult Ministry Holy Hour/Social 7pm.
Tues, Jan 14: SoulCore 9am.

Tues, Jan 14: Health and Safety Team Meeting 7pm.

Wed, Jan 15: Magnificat Moms Meeting 9:30am.

Wed, Jan 15: Eucharistic Adoration as scheduled. Pray the Rosary at 6pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction at 6:30pm.

Wed, Jan 15: Children’s Choir 5:15pm.

Thurs, Jan 16: Financial Peace University 6pm.

Thurs, Jan 16: Parent Sacrament Class 6pm.

Thurs, Jan 16: Freedom Through Christ 6:30pm.

Save the Date

Jan 17-19: High School Rally.

Jan 30: The Ten Commandments Bible Seminar 6pm.

Feb 8: Women’s Conference.

Feb 15-16: Middle School Rally.

Feb 18: Spanish and English Baptism Class 8:30am-12:30pm.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>