[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Jan 17 09:31:01 PST 2020

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
January 17, 2019
________________________________

Beacon of Faith Campaign Update

Phase 1-Parish Hall

Total Families Donating: 572
Total Intentions Received: 348
Families Giving without Intentions: 221
Families who fulfilled/exceeded commitment: 318
Total intentions to date (including in kind):
$ 2,092,436.44
Total amount collected to date: $ 1,583,938.48

There is still time to get your pledge in. Just go to
http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form and fill in the form.
[b of f]

________________________________
Flu Season
For the health and safety of our community during this flu season, Fr. Kirk has decided to refrain from distributing the Precious Blood to the assembly.  We will resume after the worst of the flu season. If you are unable to receive Precious Body due to gluten sensitivity, please talk with sacristan before Mass and they can make arrangements for you to receive the Precious Blood.
________________________________

Gabriel’s Gifts food pantry collection is January 25 and 26
Our monthly Gabriel’s Gifts food pantry collection for Mercy’s Gate is next weekend. Please pick up a bin after Mass today and bring your donation when you come to Mass next weekend. Critically needed items include jelly, canned tuna, hot cereal, coffee, tea, feminine products, toilet paper and diapers (sizes 3, 4 and 5).
Thank you for supporting our community food pantry!
________________________________

New Online Giving Portal -
Online giving at St. Gabriel the Archangel is evolving with new technology. As of Feb. 1, 2020 we hope to have transitioned all of parish members who have given online in the past to our new improved online portal.
Once you have setup your new online giving account the parish office will deactivate your old online account automatically.  By switching portals the parish benefits by saving in processing fees and reduced staff accounting time.   To get started visit our website at www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net> and press on the RED Online Giving tab.
 Many new features help make giving easier/faster to the Work of our Hands offertory and (BOF) capital campaign.  It also gives you the option of text to give.    Text to give: (719)-259-1165   Simply text the word GIVE and it will return a link to sign your phone up for online giving.  We are very grateful for your support of The Work of Our Hands.   If you have questions, please contact Marc Lanning: mlanning at saintgabriel.net<mailto:mlanning at saintgabriel.net>
________________________________
March for Life
Please join the Diocese Respect Life Apostolate for the annual Rocky Mountain March for Life on 20 January 2020.  Gather at the sidewalk near Planned Parenthood on 3480 Centennial Blvd.  Start time is 8:15 am.   See flyers in Narthex for more information.

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Sat: Spanish and English Baptism Class 8:30am.

Sun: RCIC/YSF/RCIA 9:45-11:15am.

Upcoming Events
Mon, Jan 20: Office Closed for MLK Holiday. No Confessions or Daily Mass.
Mon, Jan 20: Biblical School Yr. 2 6:30pm.
Mon, Jan 20: Fulfilled Bible Study begins 7pm.
Tues, Jan 21: SoulCore 9am.

Wed, Jan 22: Eucharistic Adoration as scheduled. Pray the Rosary at 6pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction at 6:30pm.

Wed, Jan 15: Children’s Choir 5:15pm.

Wed, Jan 22: YDisciples Pizza and Prayer 5pm.

Wed, Jan 22: Knights of Columbus Meeting 7pm.

Thurs, Jan 23: Financial Peace University 6pm.

Thurs, Jan 23: First Communion Parent Class 6:30pm.

Save the Date

Jan 30: The Ten Commandments Bible Seminar 6pm.

Feb 3: Blessing of Throats 7am and 6:30pm.

Feb 6: First Communion Parent Class 6:30pm.

Feb 8: Women’s Conference.

Feb 15-16: Middle School Rally.

Feb 18: Spanish and English Baptism Class 8:30am-12:30pm.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>