[St. Gabriel Parish News] Virus Pastoral Message from Fr. Kirk Slattery -

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Thu Mar 26 08:19:13 PDT 2020

Dear Friends in Christ,

With the recent announcement of the "Stay-at-Home" order for Colorado, our parish will be changing our operating procedures.  During the period of March 26th through April 11th, our staff will be working remotely and will be available during our normal office hours of 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.  Please call our main phone line at 719-528-8407, or email any staff member, and we will continue to assist you in any way that we can!  Contact information can be found on our website at www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>.

Also, in a sense taking advantage of these next few weeks of "quarantine," construction work related to our parish building project will be occurring in our nave and sanctuary.  For this reason, our facilities will not be accessible to the public during this time.

We will continue to offer our online and social media messages, clergy reflections, FORMED materials, and Sunday and Holy Week liturgies.  We continue and expand our "remote" ministries, reaching out to those in need and providing the help that we can.  Please check our Facebook page daily for ways that you may be able to help.

Finally, unless we are instructed otherwise, and in compliance with my interpretation of the Governor's order, which allows for "in-person pastoral services for individuals who are in crisis or in need of end of life services, provided social distancing is observed," we will continue with our planned offerings of weekend confessions from 1:30pm-3:30pm on Sat, March 28th and Sat, April 4th.  Sin is a crisis we need to address in our lives, and especially during Lent.  So, if you are conscious of serious sin, or if any sin is causing you distress, please come for healing during these opportunities.  If you do come, please carefully read and follow our distancing procedures that will be posted near the entrances.

Thank you all for your prayers and the kind words you have offered to our staff during this time.  Each of us long for a return to normalcy as you do, but in the meantime, with God's help, we are doing what we can and living hope!  May God bless and keep you always in His peace.

Fr. Kirk Slattery

St. Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
719-528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>