[St. Gabriel Parish News] St. Gabriel Parish News

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Jun 18 09:32:42 PDT 2021

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish
June 18, 2021   (See this weekend’s <https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins/send/2-bulletins/3488-may-16-2021> Bulletin)<https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins/send/2-bulletins/3493-june-20-2021>
________________________________

Mask Mandate

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

As you have likely heard COVID directives are quickly changing throughout the country. With the latest pronouncements by the president, the CDC and our local governments, some changes will be effective this weekend. Masks and social distancing will no longer be required. However, those who have not been vaccinated are strongly encouraged to continue wearing masks and if desired distanced seating will still be available in the overflow and narthex areas. The parish will not be checking your status of vaccinations in any way but please remember it is an act of charity to help protect the health of others.

Please continue to pray for a quick end to this pandemic.

Fr. Kirk J. Slattery

________________________________

1. Online Registration and Contact tracing will be discontinued as of 4/21/21.

2. Wear mask according to state guidelines.

3. We will be returning to 100% Capacity. Seating will be available in all pews.

4. As an option, distanced seating will be reserved in the overflow areas, including the Narthex, overflow, and parish hall.

5. As always, if you or someone in your household is sick, please stay home.

6. St. Gabriel will continue to maintain all preventative measures, including routine sanitizing. Please remain vigilant and continue to take advantage of the temperature monitors and hand sanitizer stations throughout our facilities.

7. As in every public space, visitors should understand that there is an assumed risk anytime they interact with the public.

8. Live Stream (8am Sunday) and recorded Masses will continue to be available on our website. www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/?fbclid=IwAR3Wzzz5MEtkEWwDvtgtZByzT9qmijs-7aA1sDZbm3Ph3h52Y0tTEpycRMo>

________________________________

Mass Schedule

                   English Schedule

•         Daily Mass 7:30am Monday – Friday; Daily Confessions – following the 7:30am Mass.

•         Adoration Monday -Friday 8am-9pm; Sign up for regular weekly hour at https://adorationpro.org/gabrielco/.

•         Saturday Mass 4pm; Saturday Confessions 2:30-3:30pm.

•         Sunday Masses 8:00am and 10:00am.

    Spanish Schedule

•         There no longer is a Wednesday 7pm Spanish Mass.

•         Saturday Spanish Mass 7pm; Confessions before Mass at 6:30pm.

•         Sunday Spanish Mass 1:00pm; Confession before Mass at 12:30pm.

•         Spanish Holy Hour 2nd Thursday of the Month-7pm.

Offertory Donations: Your continued offertory support can be mailed, dropped off in the church mailbox, or use our online portal. Online Giving<https://giving.parishsoft.com/app/giving/stg8755101>

________________________________
Eucharistic Adoration
Adorers are still needed for Eucharistic Adoration. We invite you, even if you’ve never spent time before in Adoration, to sign up for a regular weekly hour before the Blessed Sacrament in our new Adoration Chapel.  The chapel is open for adorers from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday.  To make a regular weekly commitment of one hour (or more, if you’d like), visit our kiosk or our website at www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net> and click on the “Adoration Pro” box, then on “Weekly Commitment” to sign up for the hour of your choice.
If you are concerned about summer impromptu trips and last-minute plans, please know we have a list of adoration subs, who can take up your slot if you are unable to make your weekly time commitment.
________________________________
Knights of Columbus Breakfast June 27 after 8am Mass
We are once again hosting Sunday Pancake Breakfasts.  We will have scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits/sausage gravy and of course PANCAKES.
If you missed our burrito sales mid-June, we will also have them available for donations, 1/$3 or 2/$5. Chorizo, sausage, or no meat varieties.  All have eggs, cheese & hash browns.
We will continue to follow safe serving techniques.  This is an opportunity for parishioners to have a social breakfast again after Mass.  It is a donation breakfast to cover our costs and raise funds for charities. Questions or comments please contact Michael Tennermann, Grand Knight Council 12335, mtennermann at hotmail.com<mailto:mtennermann at hotmail.com>, 719-640-2813.
________________________________
Pupusas
Te invitamos a disfrutar de una rica comida el domingo 27 de junio en nuestra parroquia.  Tendremos almuerzo después de la Misa de las diez y después de la Misa de la una. Disfruta en comunidad mientras ayudas a nuestra parroquia financieramente. Todo dinero recaudado irá al fondo parroquial.
We invite you to come and enjoy lunch after the 10 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Masses on June 27th.  Enjoy fellowship with the St. Gabriel community while helping our parish financially, as all proceeds will go to our parish fund.
________________________________
10th Annual Rosary Ride
Riding and Praying Together for Religious Freedom! June 27th 2021 Beginning with Motorcycle Blessing @ 8:00AM at St. Gabriel.
Whether you ride a motorcycle or want to follow along in a car, join Father Kirk Slattery, Deacon Mike McGrady and others from around the diocese on our 10th Annual Rosary Ride.  This year’s ride will take us north, up Hwy 105 thru Sedalia, then northwest via the scenic back roads, past Red Rock Amphitheater to Mother Cabrini Shrine. We will enjoy the ride and the beautiful scenery as we pray together, in solidarity with our bishops, for the preservation of religious freedom and conscience protections.  Estimated round trip mileage is 174 miles. See bulletin for more information.
________________________________

Mass of Ordination and Installation of Most Rev. James R. Golka

We have limited tickets to the Ordination Mass on Tues. June 29th at 2pm at Holy Apostles Catholic Church and for the Evening Vespers on Mon, June 28th at St. Mary’s Catholic Church. Call the office at 528-8407. If you are unable to get tickets, the Mass will be livestreamed and can be seen on the Diocesan Facebook page or diocs.org.

________________________________
Help Needed For Sunday Donuts
The Hospitality Team is looking for volunteers to help with the donuts after the 8am and 10am Masses. Please prayerfully consider helping this ministry in making it a success. Contact the office at 719-528-8407 for more information.
________________________________
Gabriel’s Gifts Food Pantry collection is June 26 and 27
Our monthly food pantry collection for Mercy’s Gate is next weekend.  Demand continues to be high, and the shelves empty quickly. Thank you for your unwavering support!
Critically needed items include peanut butter, jelly, Jell-o, pasta, canned tuna and chicken, Hamburger Helper, spaghetti sauce, dry pasta, macaroni and cheese, large cans of soup, canned pasta, ramen and canned fruits. Condiments – mayonnaise, mustard and ketchup are also needed.  Please drop off your donations at the Knights of Columbus trailer before the weekend masses. Collection times are 3:00 – 4:00 on Saturday and 7:15 − 8:00 and 9:15 – 10:00 on Sunday. St. Gabriel’s is a major contributor to the food pantry. Your donations make a huge difference in the lives of our neighbors!
Briarfest Silent Auction
Briarfest is just around the corner and we are needing items for the silent auction.  Some enjoying putting a themed basket together others just want to drop off items to be placed in a decorative basket.  Either way we are in need of both, please drop off at the office during regular business hours or call Judy Gamble for pick up at 719-338-1152.  Please have all donations to the church by June 30th.  Once again we will be using the mobile bidding platform, which requires a lot of manual entry into the application as well as taking and posting picture of all items.  Please remember we are asking for gently used and new items. I know 2020 was a heart-rending year and it's hard to ask for donations during this time, we do thank you for your generosity and support, we appreciate it.
Husbands! Serve and Honor Your Wife at “Spoil Her Royal!”
Saturday, June 26th, 5-8:30pm at St. Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church. This will be an elegant and fun evening in which husbands will honor their marriage and wife by serving them a great meal and having some entertainment and dancing. The husbands are to make this easy for their wife by taking care of the childcare needs for the evening and telling them all they need to do is dress formally for the night and be ready to start a great evening around 5pm with cocktails and appetizers. Husbands need to join a cooking, serving, setup/cleanup or entertainment team ASAP by going to www.infernomen.com<http://www.infernomen.com>. They can also find our more information by contacting Tim Hardesty at dadofkart at gmail.com<mailto:dadofkart at gmail.com>.