[St. Gabriel Parish News] St. Gabriel Parish News

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Thu Jul 15 14:19:02 PDT 2021

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish
July 18, 2021   (See this weekend’s <https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins/send/2-bulletins/3488-may-16-2021> Bulletin)<https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins/send/2-bulletins/3497-july-18-2021>
________________________________

Mass Schedule

                   English Schedule

•         Daily Mass 7:30am Monday – Friday; Daily Confessions – following the 7:30am Mass.

•         Adoration Monday -Friday 8am-9pm; Sign up for regular weekly hour at https://adorationpro.org/gabrielco/.

•         Saturday Mass 4pm; Saturday Confessions 2:30-3:30pm.

•         Sunday Masses 8:00am and 10:00am.

    Spanish Schedule

•         Saturday Spanish Mass 7pm; Confessions before Mass at 6:30pm.

•         Sunday Spanish Mass 1:00pm; Confession before Mass at 12:30pm.

•         Spanish Holy Hour 2nd Thursday of the Month-7pm.

Offertory Donations: Your continued offertory support can be mailed, dropped off in the church mailbox, or use our online portal. Online Giving<https://giving.parishsoft.com/app/giving/stg8755101>

________________________________
Sacred Relics Of The Saints: Treasures Of The Church-TONIGHT
St. Gabriel the Archangel Parish presents a teaching and exposition of Sacred Relics on Thursday July 15 at 6:30 pm.  Father Carlos Martins of the Companions of the Cross will be here with an extraordinary Vatican collection of over 150 relics, some as old as 2000 years.  Among the treasures will be relics of St. Joseph, St. Maria Goretti, St. Therese of Lisieux (the “Little Flower”), St. Francis of Assisi, St. Anthony of Padua, St. Thomas Aquinas, and St. Faustina Kowalska.  There will also be a portion of the Veil of Our Lady and one of the largest remaining pieces of the True Cross in the world.  Those in attendance will be able to examine and venerate each relic.  Throughout history, many healings have been worked in the presence of relics; and thousands have been occasioned through this ministry.  Do not miss this opportunity.  You are encouraged to bring your articles of devotion (such as rosaries, holy cards, etc.) and pictures of ill friends/family members, which you will be able to touch to the reliquaries as a means of intercession.
________________________________
EPIC Car Wash
When: Friday July 16th from 11am – 2pm
Where: Saint Gabriel’s parking lot
What: A fund raiser youth Rallies, Retreats, & Missions
Who: Parishioners, bring your dirty cars
EPIC Students, if you would like to participate please contact: Christina, cthornbery at saintgabriel.net<mailto:cthornbery at saintgabriel.net>
________________________________
Knights of Columbus Council 12335 Annual Peaches and Pears Sales
The Knights of Columbus will be taking orders for Palisades Peaches and Pears on July 24 and 25 after the 4:00pm Saturday Mass and 8:00am, 10:00am, and 1:00pm Masses on Sunday.  Knights will be manning a table in the Narthex to take Parishioner orders.  Peaches and Pears will be delivered to Saint Gabriel the Archangel for pick-up on Saturday 21 August.  The cost for the peaches or pears are: a 10lb box for $25 and an 18lb box for $35.
________________________________
Gabriel’s Gifts Food Pantry collection is July 24 and 25
Our monthly food pantry collection for Mercy’s Gate is next weekend. Critically needed items include chunky soup, canned chili, toiletries and toilet paper. Other needed items include peanut butter, jelly, Jell-o, pasta, canned tuna and chicken, Hamburger Helper, spaghetti sauce, dry pasta, macaroni and cheese, large cans of soup, canned pasta, ramen, canned fruits and vegetables, cereal, instant oatmeal, coffee, granola bars, fruit cups, rice, baby food, formula and diapers. Please drop off your donations at the Knights of Columbus trailer before the weekend masses. Collection times are 3:00 – 4:00 on Saturday and 7:15 − 8:00 and 9:15 – 10:00 on Sunday. St. Gabriel’s is a major contributor to the food pantry. Your donations make a huge difference in the lives of our neighbors!
________________________________
School Supply Drive for children in Kids Crossing foster program
Again this year, the Outreach committee is sponsoring a Back-to-School drive for children in foster care.  This years’ collection will support 87 foster children and teens in several school districts with varying school schedules.  A display table will be set up in the Narthex from July 10th through July 31th for your donations. Having the required school supplies can make a huge difference in a young person’s self-esteem and set a course for academic success. These children need our support, encouragement and most importantly our prayers. Thank you for supporting at- risk students in our community and for your unfailing generosity! Please see bulletin for list of needed items.
________________________________
How Should I Spend My Hour of Eucharistic Adoration
There are a multitude of ways you can spend your time with Jesus in Adoration.  Depending on what is going on in your life at any given time, how you spend your hour can differ from week to week.  Here are ten ideas to get you started:
1.  Pray the Rosary. If you’re not used to praying a whole rosary by yourself, start with one decade, or even just one Our Father and one Hail Mary. Go slowly and mediate on the words.
2.  Bring your Bible to read. Pick a starting point (anywhere in the book), read slowly until you find words that you feel Jesus is speaking to you. Meditate on those words.
3.  Simply sit in silence and be open to the thoughts God gives you. Ask God a question, enjoy the stillness of His presence, and listen for His answer.
4.  Tell Jesus what you are thankful for and express your gratitude; praise him, whether you use words from a prayer, a psalm, or a hymn.
5.  Pray for someone else, be it someone who needs healing, or someone who angers you, or someone with whom you want to improve your relationship.
6.  Tell Jesus what you’re afraid of. Listen to Him in silence. Pray for strength and courage.
7.  Pray for the deceased and for the souls in Purgatory.
8.  Read the life of a saint and pray with him or her.
9.  Ask Jesus for help where you’ve failed; examine your conscience for your next confession.
10.  Slowly recite the Beatitudes (Matt. 5:3-12) or read the Sermon on the Mount (Matt. Chapters 5 through 7).
One of the best things about Adoration is there is no limit on the way you choose to pray or be in the company of Jesus, as long as you don’t disturb others in the chapel.  If you’d like to commit to a regular weekly hour of Adoration, contact Cindy Martinez at cmartinez at saintgabriel.net<mailto:cmartinez at saintgabriel.net> or at 719-528-8407.   You can sign up for any hour you’d like between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. Monday through Friday.  We are especially in need of a regular weekly adorer for the following hours:  Mondays from 6pm to 7pm, Tuesdays from 1pm to 2pm and 5pm to 6pm, and Thursdays from 12pm to 1pm and 2pm to 3pm. Visit our kiosk or our website at www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net> and click on the “Adoration Pro” box, then on “Weekly Commitment” to sign up for the hour of your choice.