[St. Gabriel Parish News] St. Gabriel Parish News

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Wed Oct 27 08:25:34 PDT 2021

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish
October 27, 2021  <https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins/send/2-bulletins/3488-may-16-2021> (Click here to see this weekend's Bulletin)<https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins/>
________________________________

Mass Schedule

                   English Schedule

•         Daily Mass 7:30am Monday – Friday; Daily Confessions from 8am-8:30am.

•         Adoration Monday -Friday 8am-9pm; Sign up for regular weekly hour at https://adorationpro.org/gabrielco/.

•         Saturday Mass 4pm; Saturday Confessions 2:30-3:30pm.

•         Sunday Masses 8:00am,10:00am, and 4pm.

    Spanish Schedule

•         Saturday Spanish Mass 7pm; Confessions before Mass at 6:30pm.

•         Sunday Spanish Mass 1:00pm; Confession before Mass at 12:30pm.

•         Spanish Holy Hour 2nd Thursday of the Month-7pm.

 Offertory Donations: Your continued offertory support can be mailed, dropped off in the church mailbox, or use our online portal. Online Giving<https://giving.parishsoft.com/app/giving/stg8755101>

________________________________

Epic Lock In

Middle School lock-in is October 29th from 6:30-11pm. Cost is $15 Sign up early for this year’s lock-in will be EPIC! For more details email cthornbery at saintgabriel.net<mailto:cthornbery at saintgabriel.net>.

________________________________

Walk with the Martyrs

EPIC middle school faith formation invites all parishioners, families, and friends to join us for a live reenactment of Christian martyrdom on October 30th from 7-8pm. For more information call 528-8407 or email cthornbery at saintgabriel.net<mailto:cthornbery at saintgabriel.net>.

________________________________

Knights of Columbus Pancake Breakfast this Sunday
Knights of Columbus Pancake Breakfast will be Sunday,  October 31st after the 8am Mass. We will have scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits/ sausage gravy and of course PANCAKES. It is a donation breakfast to cover our costs and raise funds for charities.
________________________________

Trunk or Treat

St. Gabriel will be hosting a Trunk or Treat on October 31st after the 4pm Mass. All kids are welcome. Trunks are needed. If you are interested in helping, please contact Kim at kseiler at saintgabriel.net<mailto:kseiler at saintgabriel.net>  or 719-528-8407.

________________________________
Christmas Cards for Prisoners
The Christmas Cards for Prisoners card signing party will be on Saturday morning November 6th from 9:30 to 12:00 in the Michael/Raphael room. Sign ups to attend will be in the narthex after Masses on Saturday October 30th at the 4:00 pm Mass and Sunday the 31st after the 8:00 and 10:00 am Masses.
________________________________
Table and Book of Remembrance
As Catholics, we pray for our loved ones who have died. We show special honor to them in the month of November, as we come to the end of our liturgical year. The Book of Remembrance will be available all month for you to enter the names of your deceased loved ones. We will also set up the Table of Remembrance in the narthex. You are invited to bring a picture of your departed loved ones to place on the table. Please place your name and contact information on the back of your picture, so that it can be returned to you. There will be a 7:30am Mass on Monday, Nov 2nd for All Souls’ Day.
________________________________
 All Saints Day
All Saints Day, November 1st, is normally a Holy Day of Obligation.  Because it falls on Monday this year, the obligation to attend Mass is abrogated, or removed.  Mass will be offered Monday at 7:30am.
________________________________
All Souls’ Mass
On Tuesday, November 2, a Mass will be offered for our deceased loved ones, to be held at 7:30am.
________________________________

Knights of Columbus Blood Drive

The next Blood Drive is Sunday, November 7, 8:30 am through 1:00 pm, in the Fellowship Hall Section A. To sign up to donate blood on November 7, go to donors.vitalant.org<http://donors.vitalant.org> website and search using Blood Drive Code 20001.  Every blood donation is tested for the COVID-19 antibodies and you are notified of the results.  If you have any questions, please contact either of the Knights of Columbus blood drive coordinators,  Damon McEnaney, dcmaggies at gmail.com<mailto:dcmaggies at gmail.com> or Tim Kearns, tgkearns at gmail.com<mailto:tgkearns at gmail.com>.

________________________________
Craft Fair
The Saint Gabriel's Craft Fair will be held on Saturday, November 13, 2021 from 8:00am-3:00pm. If you are interested in having a table at the craft fair, please contact Mory at Moryvr at aol.com<mailto:Moryvr at aol.com> or (719)964-4383.
________________________________
Purified
Be sure to get your tickets to the Purified event by Jason Evert.  November 11 @6pm.The attached link gives you more of an idea about the evening.Tickets are available online or in the office.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYmBvoGRyPs&feature=youtu.be   tickets:  chastity.com/purified
________________________________

Bakers Needed

Calling all bakers!!!  We need you! If you are willing to provide some baked goods for the bake sale that YDisciple is sponsoring at the church craft fair on November 13th, please email Stephanie at sbland at saintgabriel.net<mailto:sbland at saintgabriel.net>.

Support District 20 families and military families this Thanksgiving
Again this year, the Outreach committee is sponsoring a Thanksgiving meal drive to benefit families in District 20 and military families.  We hope to provide gift cards to 100 families. Because we are not providing food boxes this year, but grocery gift cards only, we are relying on your generous support. We hope to collect $25 and $50 gift cards, though any amount is greatly appreciated.
How to donate
For those who wish to purchase a grocery gift card, or donate using a check, please place you donation in one of the envelopes on the display table and deposit it in the white mailbox on the wall beside the office window.
If you prefer to donate online, go to https://giving.parishsoft.com/app/giving/stg8755101 and select Thanksgiving Food Drive from the fund list.
Please make your donation by November 9 so that we have ample time to get the grocery gift cards to those who are depending on us.
Thank you!