[St. Gabriel Parish News] St. Gabriel Parish News

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Thu Jan 20 08:42:00 PST 2022

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish
January 20, 2022  <https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins/send/2-bulletins/3488-may-16-2021> (Click here to see this weekend's Bulletin)<https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins/>
________________________________

Mass Schedule

                   English Schedule

•         Daily Mass 7:30am Monday – Friday; Daily Confessions from 8am-8:30am.

•         Adoration Monday -Friday 8am-9pm; Sign up for regular weekly hour at https://adorationpro.org/gabrielco/.

•         Saturday Mass 4pm; Saturday Confessions 2:00-3:00pm (please note time change).

•         Sunday Masses 8:00am,10:00am, and 4pm.

    Spanish Schedule

•         Sunday Spanish Mass 1:00pm; Confession before Mass at 12:30pm.

•         Spanish Holy Hour 2nd Thursday of the Month-7pm.

 Offertory Donations: Your continued offertory support can be mailed, dropped off in the church mailbox, or use our online portal. Online Giving<https://giving.parishsoft.com/app/giving/stg8755101>

________________________________

Mass Information

*If you are unable to receive Precious Body due to gluten sensitivity, please talk with the sacristan or usher before Mass and they can make arrangements for you.

*We ask that a parent or responsible adult to please accompany children 12 and under if they need to go to the narthex or restrooms.

*Please silence all electronic devises.

*During sign of peace, please respect those who do not wish to shake hands and safely offer each other the sign of peace.

* Fr. Kirk wants to assure you that if you are sick or experiencing symptoms of sickness, you are not obligated to attend Mass. You may watch Mass online at https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/mass-information/mass-videos.

________________________________
Part-time job opportunity
We are looking for a part time afternoon receptionist for our office. Work hours would be Monday - Friday 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM. Applicant must be bilingual in English and Spanish and have previous experience. Must have great computer skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc. Great phone/communication skills and the ability to multitask. Please prayerfully consider being part of Saint Gabriel. Contact Cindy Martinez in the office at 719-528-8407 or send resume to cmartinez at saintgabriel.net<mailto:cmartinez at saintgabriel.net>.
________________________________
Food Pantry January 29 and 30
Our monthly food pantry collection for Mercy’s Gate is next weekend. In addition to the items listed below, the food pantry is also in need of gently used paper grocery bags. Critically needed: Chunky soup, canned chili, toiletries and toilet paper. Other needed items include canned tuna and chicken, Hamburger Helper, spaghetti sauce, dry pasta, macaroni and cheese, rice (1 lb. bags or smaller), canned fruits and vegetables, instant mashed potatoes, peanut butter, jelly, condiments, cereal, instant oatmeal, coffee, granola and protein bars, fruit cups, milk and juice boxes, individually wrapped snacks, baby food, formula and diapers. Critically needed toiletries include toothpaste and toothbrushes, shampoo, deodorant, razors and shaving cream. Please drop off your donations at the Knights of Columbus trailer before the weekend masses. Collection times are 3:00 – 4:00 on Saturday and 7:15 − 8:00, 9:15 – 10:00 and 3:15 – 4:00 on Sunday. Your donations make a huge difference in the lives of our neighbors. Thank you!
________________________________

Boy Scout Troop 246 Annual Christmas Tree Recycling Fundraiser-Last Weekend

•We pick-up on Saturdays: Jan 22nd

•Leave trees at curb by 8:00 am

•Schedule a tree pickup by:

1–Calling 719-357-7407

2–Sending an email to RecycleTrees at bsatroop246.org<mailto:RecycleTrees at bsatroop246.org>

3–Visiting our website: http://www.bsatroop246.org/

• Suggested donation is: $20 for postal zip codes 80918, 80920, 80923 and 80924; and $25 for postal zip codes 80917, 80919, 80921 and 80922.  Please attach check made out to ‘BSA Troop 246’ or visit our website for credit card / PayPal donations. Let Troop 246 Recycle for you.

 4th Annual St. Gabriel Christian Marriage and Prayer Dinner

All dating, engaged, and married couples of all ages are invited to attend the dinner on Feb 5th at 5:30pm in the parish hall. Cost is $30 per couple. Bishop James Golka will be the guest speaker. Knights of Columbus will be selling tickets after Masses on Jan 22/23 and Jan 29/30. Contact the office for more details.