[St. Gabriel Parish News] St. Gabriel Parish News

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Wed Mar 2 08:44:19 PST 2022

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish
March 2, 2022  <https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins/send/2-bulletins/3488-may-16-2021> (Click here to see this weekend's Bulletin)<https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins/>
________________________________

Mass Schedule

                   English Schedule

•         Daily Mass 7:30am Monday – Friday; Daily Confessions from 8am-8:30am.

•         Adoration Monday -Friday 8am-9pm; Sign up for regular weekly hour at https://adorationpro.org/gabrielco/.

•         Saturday Mass 4pm; Saturday Confessions 2:00-3:00pm (please note time change).

•         Sunday Masses 8:00am,10:00am, and 4pm.

    Spanish Schedule

•         Sunday Spanish Mass 1:00pm; Confession before Mass at 12:30pm.

•         Spanish Holy Hour 2nd Thursday of the Month-7pm.

 Offertory Donations: Your continued offertory support can be mailed, dropped off in the church mailbox, or use our online portal. Online Giving<https://giving.parishsoft.com/app/giving/stg8755101>

________________________________
Ash Wednesday Mass Schedule
Ash Wednesday Mass will be on March 2nd  at 6:00pm.
________________________________
Stations of the Cross
Stations will be held each Friday of Lent at 6pm followed by a Soup Supper or Fish Fry at 6:30pm.
Mar 4: Stations followed by Fish Fry.
Mar 11: Stations followed by Fish Fry.
Mar 18: Stations followed by soup supper.
Mar 25: Stations followed by soup supper.
Apr 1: Shadow Stations followed by soup supper.
Apr 8: Stations followed by Fish Fry.

________________________________
Lenten Fish Fry
The Knights of Columbus will be hosting 3 Friday fish fry's scheduled during Lent. They are to be held on March 4, March 11 and April 8 immediately following Stations of the Cross. The price for these dinners are $10.00 per adult, $5.00 per child 3-12 years of age, and children under 3 are free.
________________________________

Mass Information

*If you are unable to receive Precious Body due to gluten sensitivity, please talk with the sacristan or usher before Mass and they can make arrangements for you.

*We ask that a parent or responsible adult to please accompany children 12 and under if they need to go to the narthex or restrooms.

*Please silence all electronic devises.

*During sign of peace, please respect those who do not wish to shake hands and safely offer each other the sign of peace.

* Fr. Kirk wants to assure you that if you are sick or experiencing symptoms of sickness, you are not obligated to attend Mass. You may watch Mass online at https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/mass-information/mass-videos.

________________________________
School Survey
Last week, surveys were made available to all parish families asking for your opinions about a new Catholic school at St. Gabriel’s. For all who have responded to the survey – Thank you!
If you have not completed the survey, please complete the survey online at https://survey.meitler.com/.../Saint-Gabriel-the...<https://survey.meitler.com/s3/Saint-Gabriel-the-Archangel-Catholic-Church-New-School-Survey?fbclid=IwAR3P_jaDrU-pAUA2liN3sZEbxjDRD_cRspzVacASDnizpDih36zYdU9h4Lk> by MARCH 9th.
Your response is very important. Thank you for taking time to respond. If you have any questions regarding the school, please contact Robin Schneider at rschneider at saintgabriel.net<mailto:rschneider at saintgabriel.net> or 719-528-8407 X 100
La semana pasada, se realizaron encuestas a las familias de niños en edad escolar que pedían sus opiniones sobre una nueva escuela católica en Colorado Springs. Para todos los que han respondido a la encuesta – ¡Gracias! Si no ha completado la encuesta, complete la encuesta en línea en https://survey.meitler.com/.../Saint-Gabriel-the...<https://survey.meitler.com/s3/Saint-Gabriel-the-Archangel-Catholic-Church-New-School-Survey?fbclid=IwAR095Us7wr4lHit0neO5KkTPc_gKe-Kul4IJnp1JtoViUA8QzgO22iASS_0> antes del 9 de Marzo. Su respuesta es muy importante. Gracias por tomarse el tiempo para responder.
________________________________
Jesse Romero-Spiritual Warfare
Wake Up! Be a Spiritual Warrior. Arm yourself and your family with the knowledge and fullness of the Catholic Faith. March 7, 2022 6:30-8:30pm in English. Part I: Spiritual Warfare. Part II: Spiritual Weapons & Protection. Cost: Free Will Offering/Donations. Sign up at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/jesse-romero-spiritual-warfare-tickets-262728125897

Jesse Romero-Guerra Espiritual MARTES 8 DE MARZO, 2022 6:30 – 8:30pm. Parte I: Guerra Espiritual. Parte II: Armas Espirituales y Protección. Costo: se aceptarán donaciones voluntarias.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/jesse-romero-guerra-espiritual-tickets-262736771757<file:///C:/Users/Melissa_wesenberg/Documents/Custom%20Office%20Templates>
________________________________
St. Joseph Feast
All are invited to celebrate the Feast of Saint Joseph on Saturday March 19th from 5:30pm-7pm. Bring your favorite Italian potluck dish. To register go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/st-joseph-feast-tickets-272962186247. Please specify whether you will be bringing an entrée, side dish, bread, or dessert when registering.
________________________________
A PRAYER FOR PEACE BY POPE FRANCIS
Lord God of peace, hear our prayer!
We have tried so many times and over so many years
to resolve our conflicts by our own powers and by the force of our arms.
How many moments of hostility and darkness have we experienced?
how much blood has been shed?
how many lives have been shattered?
how many hopes have been buried?
But our efforts have been in vain.
Now, Lord, come to our aid!
Grant us peace, teach us peace;
guide our steps in the way of peace.
Open our eyes and our hearts,
and give us the courage to say: "Never again war!"; "With war everything is lost".
Instill in our hearts the courage to take concrete steps to achieve peace.
Lord, God of Abraham, God of the Prophets, God of Love,
you created us and you call us to live as brothers and sisters.
Give us the strength daily to be instruments of peace;
enable us to see everyone who crosses our path as our brother or sister.
Make us sensitive to the plea of our citizens
who entreat us to turn our weapons of war into implements of peace,
our trepidation into confident trust,
and our quarreling into forgiveness.
Keep alive within us the flame of hope,
so that with patience and perseverance
we may opt for dialogue and reconciliation.
In this way may peace triumph at last,
and may the words "division," "hatred," and "war"
be banished from the heart of every man and woman.
Lord, defuse the violence of our tongues and our hands.
Renew our hearts and minds,
so that the word which always brings us together will be "brother,"
and our way of life will always be that of: Shalom, Peace, Salaam!
Amen.