[St. Gabriel Parish News] St. Gabriel Parish News

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Wed Mar 9 09:51:44 PST 2022

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish
March 9, 2022  <https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins/send/2-bulletins/3488-may-16-2021> (Click here to see this weekend's Bulletin)<https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins/>
________________________________

Mass Schedule

                   English Schedule

•         Daily Mass 7:30am Monday – Friday; Daily Confessions from 8am-8:30am.

•         Adoration Monday -Friday 8am-9pm; Sign up for regular weekly hour at https://adorationpro.org/gabrielco/.

•         Saturday Mass 4pm; Saturday Confessions 2:00-3:00pm (please note time change).

•         Sunday Masses 8:00am,10:00am, and 4pm.

    Spanish Schedule

•         Sunday Spanish Mass 1:00pm; Confession before Mass at 12:30pm.

•         Spanish Holy Hour 2nd Thursday of the Month-7pm.

 Offertory Donations: Your continued offertory support can be mailed, dropped off in the church mailbox, or use our online portal. Online Giving<https://giving.parishsoft.com/app/giving/stg8755101>

________________________________

Mass Information

*If you are unable to receive Precious Body due to gluten sensitivity, please talk with the sacristan or usher before Mass and they can make arrangements for you.

*We ask that a parent or responsible adult to please accompany children 12 and under if they need to go to the narthex or restrooms.

*Please silence all electronic devises.

*During sign of peace, please respect those who do not wish to shake hands and safely offer each other the sign of peace.

* Fr. Kirk wants to assure you that if you are sick or experiencing symptoms of sickness, you are not obligated to attend Mass. You may watch Mass online at https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/mass-information/mass-videos.

________________________________
Stations of the Cross
Stations will be held each Friday of Lent at 6pm followed by a Soup Supper or Fish Fry at 6:30pm.
Mar 11: Stations followed by Fish Fry.
Mar 18: Stations followed by soup supper.
Mar 25: Stations followed by soup supper.
Apr 1: Shadow Stations followed by soup supper.
Apr 8: Stations followed by Fish Fry.

________________________________
Lenten Fish Fry
The Knights of Columbus will be hosting Friday fish fry's scheduled during Lent. They are to be held on March 11 and April 8 immediately following Stations of the Cross. The price for these dinners are $10.00 per adult, $5.00 per child 3-12 years of age, and children under 3 are free.
________________________________
Breakfast Fundraiser
Come and enjoy delicious breakfast burritos or lunch next Sunday March 13th.  We will serve burritos after the 8:00 am Mass and Pozole and Tamales after the 10:00am & 1:00pm Mass. Enjoy great food and fellowship while helping our parish. All money raised will go to our parish general operating fund.
________________________________
Jesse Romero-Spiritual Warfare
If you missed the Jesse Romero Spiritual Warfare event or if you want to watch it again, here are the links:
English
https://youtu.be/tIGZrBlV8AU
Spanish
https://youtu.be/0t8QmDUA-Cc
________________________________
St. Joseph Feast
All are invited to celebrate the Feast of Saint Joseph on Saturday March 19th from 5:30pm-7pm. Bring your favorite Italian potluck dish. To register go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/st-joseph-feast-tickets-272962186247. Please specify whether you will be bringing an entrée, side dish, bread, or dessert when registering.
________________________________

Groundbreaking Ceremony and Blessing

There will be a groundbreaking ceremony and blessing for the new Mater Filius maternity house and rectory on April 9th at 11am with Most Rev. James R. Golka, Bishop of Colorado Springs and Fr. Kirk Slattery, Pastor of St. Gabriel. Please RSVP to Cindy 719-528-8407 or cmartinez at saintgabriel.net<mailto:cmartinez at saintgabriel.net>. For more information on Mater Filius go to http://materfilius.org.

________________________________
Easter Baskets for Foster Kids
Saint Gabriel's has been assisting Fostering Hope, a program that provides support to Foster care families in El Paso county for the past 15 years.  We think we can do more.  We would like to provide Easter baskets for the 70 youths currently in the Foster care system and supported by Fostering Hope.  We will have a table in the narthex starting March 12 to sign up for providing Easter basket items to create age based baskets to show we care.  Please consider contributing as you are able.  If you don't want to sign up to provide specific items, we will accept monetary donations to purchase needed items.  Our parishioners have always shown great generosity and caring to those in need.  Thank you in advance for your help with this new effort.
________________________________
Library News
1. We have some wonderful resources for Lent and Easter on display in the library right now.  Children will especially enjoy our selection of picture books for Easter!
2.  Family Movies, Young Adult and Spanish sections have been moved to our newest shelving unit.   Come take a look!
________________________________
Second Collection Next Weekend
A humanitarian catastrophe is unfolding in Ukraine as attacks of war put millions of lives at risk. Innocent families, women, girls, and the elderly will suffer most.  In our Diocese we have a unique opportunity to help refugees in Poland.  Our Diocese is working directly with the Diocese of Tarnow, Poland. The Diocese of Tarnow has requested that the parish halls in each of their parishes be turned into shelters to house refugees. We are confident that 100% of our collections will go to directly help the refugees who are being helped by the Catholic parishes in Tarnow. We will be taking a special second collection on March 19 and 20 to go directly to help Ukrainian Refugees in Poland.  We are grateful for your generosity.
 Join us in Defending Life
Join us in defending life and encouraging your representatives to VOTE NO on HB22-1279 Reproductive Health Equity Act (RHEA). If passed, this law could make Colorado the most radical abortion state in the country.
How can I help?
• Attend the rally this Saturday, March 12 at 11 a.m. on the west side of the Colorado State Capitol: (denvercatholic.org/pro<http://denvercatholic.org/pro?fbclid=IwAR22M5Ib2s2fNNwI44nacY6wk8_BCZD_rwCCsCcZvY7mj_Ezkm7oJcELD8k>...)
• Click here to contact your representatives to encourage them to vote NO!
• Your personal testimony is powerful. Sign up to testify in person or remotely by using this link.
• Pray for our representatives in the House and Senate who are sponsoring this bill, especially as the bill is presented on Wednesday, March 9 at 1:30 p.m.
• Pray for the continual and growing support of mothers who are facing unexpected pregnancies, and that they would come to cherish the gift of life in their womb.