[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Jan 26 11:24:41 PST 2018

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
January 26, 2018

________________________________

Candlemas and St. Blaise

Please bring candles that you will use at home for the year to daily Mass on Friday, February 2 where Fr. Kirk will bless them before Mass.  On Saturday, February 3 at 9am there will be Liturgy of the Word and blessing of the throats in recognition of St. Blaise.
Candlemas, also known as the Feast of the Presentation of Our Lord Jesus and the Feast of the Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, is a Christian Holy Day commemorating the presentation of Jesus at the Temple. It is based upon the account of the presentation of Jesus in Luke 2:22-40. It falls on February 2, which is traditionally the 40th day of the Christmas–Epiphany season. On Candlemas, many Christians also bring their candles to their local church, where they are blessed and then used for the rest of the year.

________________________________

Chili Cook-Off Tomorrow

It’s Chili Cook-Off Time: All are invited to the 4th Annual Y Disciple Chili Cook-Off on Jan 27th after the 5:00pm mass. We will have the unlimited family pass for $20, unlimited individual pass for $10, a bowl for $3 and $1 tasting cups. Can’t beat this deal. All proceeds will benefit our parish  youth mission trips.

________________________________

Thank You

The Environmental Committee of St. Gabriel would like to express our sincere thanks to all who donated money for flowers and decorations. You made it possible for us to beautify our church for the Christmas Season. We would also like to thank all the wonderful volunteers that helped decorate the Church for Christmas. Thank you so very much!

________________________________

Outreach Committee

Socks and T-Shirt Collection for men, women, and children. February 17, 2018 to March 18, 2018. Please Donate new white tube socks and new and gently used T-shirts for the Marian House to help those in need in our community. Questions: Please contact Barbara Green at BarbaraGreen241 at hotmail.com

________________________________

Hour Of Mercy

A Visit with Jesus and an Invitation to Prayer…

 Come join us on Monday afternoons for prayer during

the 3 o’clock Hour of Mercy. We will begin by praying the Chaplet of Divine Mercy together, and then spend time silently with Jesus present in the Holy Tabernacle. Join us at 2:45pm in the narthex, if you’d like to learn more

about the Divine Mercy devotion and praying the Chaplet.

 If the office is closed on a Monday (for holiday observance), we will not meet. For questions or to request more information, please contact Chris Kegley at (719) 540-2211.

________________________________

Fair Trade Ministry

Fair Trade coffee and chocolate will be available the weekend of Feb 3-4. In addition to receiving a quality product, you can make a positive difference in the world by helping impoverished coffee growers earn fair wages for their labor.

________________________________

Second Collection This Weekend

This week, our second collection is for the Church in Latin America. For many living in Latin America and the Caribbean, rural terrain and lack of ministers make it difficult to practice the faith. Your donations and renewed support will fund catechesis, marriage and family life programs, as well as seminarian and religious formation so people can grow closer to Christ. Please prayerfully consider supporting this collection as a way to share your faith with our brothers and sisters in Latin America and the Caribbean. Thank you!

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend:

Sat: Iron Sharpens Iron Men's Breakfast 8:30-10:30am.

Sat: Chili Cook-Off after 5pm Mass.

Sun: Knights of Columbus Free Breakfast after 8:30am Mass.
Sat-Sun: Bin Drop Off for Gabriel's Gifts Food Collection.
Sat-Sun: Second Collection for The Church in Latin America.

Upcoming Events:

Mon, Jan 29: Apologetics 9-11am.
Mon, Jan 29: Divine Mercy Hour 3-4pm.
Mon, Jan 29: The Great Timeline Bible Study 7-9pm.
Tues, Jan 30:The Great Timeline Bible Study 9:30-11:30am.
Wed, Jan 31: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am-7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after 12:15 Mass. Children's hour from 4-5pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:40pm.
Wed, Jan 31: Children's Choir Rehearsal 5:15-6pm.
Wed, Jan 31: Dante's Divine Comedy 7pm.
Fri, Feb 2: First Friday Adoration 10am-12pm.
Fri, Feb 2: Blessing of Candles before 12:15 Mass.
Fri, Feb 2: Reading/discussion group for Divine Mercy Cenacle in the Library after 12:15 Mass.
Sat, Feb 3: Liturgy of the Word and blessing of the throats at 9am.

Save the Date

Feb 3-4: Fair Trade coffee and chocolate for sale after Masses.

Feb 3: Spanish Prayer Class 9-11am.

Feb 10: Women's Conference 9:30am-3:30pm.

Feb 17-18: Middle School Rally

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>