[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Feb 2 11:08:12 PST 2018

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
February 3, 2018

________________________________

Beacon of Faith Commitment Cards

The Beacon of Faith Campaign is well on its way. Our campaign will take involvement and participation by all to be a success! Please send in your Commitment Cards as soon as possible so we can know everyone's intentions.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

Blessing of the Throats

On Saturday, February 3 at 9am there will be Liturgy of the Word and blessing of the throats in recognition of St. Blasé.

________________________________

Overflow Section

Please be aware that on the weekends of February 10/11 and 17/18, the overflow will be NOT available for seating.  Please sit in the Nave.  Parents with children, if you need to leave the Mass celebration temporarily, there will be a small number of chairs set up in the Narthex for your use.

________________________________

Ash Wednesday Schedule

Ash Wednesday is February 14. Masses with distribution of ashes will be at 7am, 12:15pm, and 6:30pm (Combined Mass).  Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will be offered beginning at 10:00 am, and between 1:00-5:00 pm, ending with simple reposition at 5:00 pm.

________________________________

Cross Stitchers Needed

Once again it is time for the Confirmation cross stitch samplers to be made for our Confirmation class.  This year we have 69 samplers to make.  Each project takes about 3 hours to complete.  Instructions and materials are provided.  Finished samplers are due back by the beginning of April. If you are able to help with this project, please call Nancy in the office (728-8407) or email (nancyb at saintgabriel.net)

________________________________

Fair Trade Ministry

Fair Trade coffee and chocolate will be available this weekend. In addition to receiving a quality product, you can make a positive difference in the world by helping impoverished coffee growers earn fair wages for their labor.

________________________________

Encounter Lent- Companions on the Journey

Join our faith community—and nearly 14,000 Catholic communities across the United States—in a life-changing Lenten journey of encounter with CRS Rice Bowl. Videos, downloadable resources, as well as recipes for simple delicious meatless meals are available to support your lenten journey. Don’t forget to download the Rice Bowl app to receive daily reflections and inspirational messages! Visit crsricebowl.org to get started. Rice bowl kits will be distributed to families participating in faith formation during the February 11/12 class meetings. Kits will also be included in the Narthex display beginning on Ash Wednesday [Feb 14th] to Feb 25th. May these 40 days better prepare us to encounter ourselves, our neighbors and our God.

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend:

Sat: Spanish Prayer Class 9-11am.

Sat: Blessing of the Throats 9am.

Sat-Sun: Fair Trade Coffee and Chocolate for sale at Masses.

Upcoming Events:

Mon, Feb 5: Apologetics 9-11am.

Mon, Feb 5: Divine Mercy Hour 3-4pm.
Mon, Feb 5: The Great Timeline Bible Study 7-9pm.
Tues, Feb 6:The Great Timeline Bible Study 9:30-11:30am.
Tues, Feb 6: Respect Life Meeting 6pm.
Tues, Feb 6: Outreach Committee Meeting 7pm.
Wed, Feb 7: Magnificat Moms Meeting 9:30-11am
Wed, Feb 7: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am-7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after 12:15 Mass. Children's hour from 4-5pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:40pm.
Wed, Feb 7: Children's Choir Rehearsal 5:15-6pm.
Wed, Feb 7: Dante's Divine Comedy 7pm.
Wed, Feb 7: Knights of Columbus 4th Degree Meeting.
Thurs, Feb 8: Pastoral Council Meeting 6:30pm.
Fri, Feb 9: Reading/discussion group for Divine Mercy Cenacle in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

Sat, Feb 10: Women's Conference 9:30am-3:30pm.

Sat, Feb 10: Spanish Prayer Class 9-11am

Save the Date
Feb 17-18: Middle School Rally
April 19: REBOOT
June 18-22: Vacation Bible School

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>