[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Feb 9 10:18:52 PST 2018

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
February 9, 2018

________________________________

Vote for Briarfest

Hey Briarfest fans, it's time to vote Briarfest for The Best of The Springs 2018. We need your help in promoting Briarfest to all your neighbors, friends and family.  Share this link and have them vote.  Just click of Local Festivals under Entertainment and vote. It's that simple.  Voting ends Feb. 18, 2018.

http://www.thebestofthesprings.com/voting-arts-entertainment

________________________________

Ash Wednesday Schedule

Ash Wednesday is February 14. Masses with distribution of ashes will be at 7am, 12:15pm, and 6:30pm (Combined Mass).  Second Collection for the Church in Central and Eastern Europe. Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will be offered beginning at 10:00 am, and between 1:00-5:00 pm, ending with simple reposition at 5:00 pm. Rosary will be said at 6pm.

________________________________

Overflow Section

Please be aware that on the weekends of February 10/11 and 17/18, the overflow will be NOT available for seating.  Please sit in the Nave.  Parents with children, if you need to leave the Mass celebration temporarily, there will be a small number of chairs set up in the Narthex for your use.

________________________________

January Food Collection

1914 pounds were delivered to Mercy’s Gate as a result of the Jan food collection.   Our good issue right now is that we are running out of totes at times. We know that there are enough totes but it seems that they may temporarily get “lost” in garages and basements. If you “find” a “lost” tote please return it in future months since the generous people of St. Gabriel are providing such great support for those in need.

________________________________

Stations Of The Cross

Stations of the Cross will be held each Friday of Lent at 6pm followed by a Soup Supper or Fish Fry at 6:30pm.

________________________________

Lenten Fish Fry's

The Knights of Columbus will be hosting 3 Friday fish fry's scheduled during lent. They are to be held on February 16, March 2, and March 23 immediately following Stations of the Cross. The price for these dinners is $9.00 per adult, $5.00 per child 3-12 years of age, and children under 3 are free.

________________________________

Encounter Lent- Companions on the Journey

Join our faith community—and nearly 14,000 Catholic communities across the United States—in a life-changing Lenten journey of encounter with CRS Rice Bowl. Videos, downloadable resources, as well as recipes for simple delicious meatless meals are available to support your lenten journey. Don’t forget to download the Rice Bowl app to receive daily reflections and inspirational messages! Visit crsricebowl.org to get started. Rice bowl kits will be distributed to families participating in faith formation during the February 11/12 class meetings. Kits will also be included in the Narthex display beginning on Ash Wednesday [Feb 14th] to Feb 25th. May these 40 days better prepare us to encounter ourselves, our neighbors and our God.

________________________________

Library News

Enrich your Lenten season with resources from St. Gabriel's Library!  Find books, videos, and CDs for all ages on the labeled shelf to the left of the Library entrance.

________________________________

40 Days for Life

>From February 14 through March 25, you’re invited to join other Christians for 40 Days for Life – 40 days of prayer and fasting for an end to abortion. You’re also invited to stand and peacefully pray during a 40-day vigil in the public right-of-way outside Planned Parenthood at 3480 Centennial Blvd, and also to help spread the word about this important community outreach. If you’d like more information – and especially if you’d like to volunteer to help, please contact: St. Gabriel contact, Angel McGrady at admcgrady at gmail.com or the Diocesan contact, Michele Mason at 719-659-2097, prolifefamilyof15 at gmail.com.

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend:

Sat: Spanish Prayer Class 9-11am.

Sat: Women's Conference 9am-3:30pm.

Sun: RCIC 9:45-11:15am.

Sun: YSF 9:45-11:15am

Sun: Gr K-5 Faith Formation 11:45am-1:15pm.

Sun: Gr 6-7 and Confirmation Faith Formation 2:30-4pm.

Sun: YDisciples 5:45-7:15pm.

Upcoming Events:

Mon, Feb 12: Apologetics 9-11am.

Mon, Feb 12: Divine Mercy Hour 3-4pm.
Mon, Feb 12: Gr K-7 Faith Formation 4:30-6pm.
Mon, Feb 12: The Great Timeline Bible Study 7-9pm.
Mon, Feb 12: Health and Safety Team Meeting 7pm.
Tues, Feb 13:The Great Timeline Bible Study 9:30-11:30am.
Tues, Feb 13: Senior Social Group Meeting 12pm at Chili's (Vickers and Academy).
Wed, Feb 14: Ash Wednesday Mass with distribution of ashes at 7am, 12:15pm, and 6:30pm. Second Collection for Church in Central and Eastern Europe.
Wed, Feb 14: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am-5pm, ending with simple reposition at 5pm. Rosary time will be changed to 6pm.
Wed, Feb 14: Dante's Divine Comedy 7pm.
Fri, Feb 16: Reading/discussion group for Divine Mercy Cenacle in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

Fri, Feb 16: Stations of the Cross at 6pm followed by Knights of Columbus Fish Fry.

Sat, Feb 17: Spanish Prayer Class 9-11am.

Sat, Feb 17: Spanish and English Baptism Class 8:30am-12:30pm.

Save the Date

Feb 17-18: Middle School Rally.

Feb 19: Bible Seminar Series 6-9pm.

Feb 21: Total Transformation: Understanding Lenten Practices in Scripture 6:30-7:30pm.

March 11: Screenagers 5:45pm.

April 19: REBOOT
June 18-22: Vacation Bible School

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>