[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Feb 16 11:29:36 PST 2018

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
February 16, 2018

________________________________

Beacon of Faith Commitment Cards

The Beacon of Faith Campaign is well on its way. Our campaign will take involvement and participation by all to be a success! Please send in your Commitment Cards as soon as possible so we can know everyone's intentions.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

Gabriel’s Gift’s food pantry collection is Feb 24 and 25

Our monthly food pantry collection for Mercy’s Gate is next weekend. Please pick up a bin after mass this weekend and bring your donation when you come to mass next weekend. Critically needed food items include: Chunky soup (large cans); coffee; canned fruit, canned carrots, corn, green beans and mixed vegetables; canned tomatoes, tomato sauce; jelly, peanut butter, main courses (Spam, chili, canned salmon, tuna, canned ravioli, macaroni and cheese, Spaghetti-O, etc.); spaghetti sauce; and dry pasta. Other needed items include: dry beans; Non-food items include toothpaste and toothbrushes. Thank you for supporting Gabriel’s Gifts!

________________________________

Outreach Committee

Socks and T-Shirt Collection for men, women, and children. February 17, 2018 to March 18, 2018. Please Donate new white tube socks and new and gently used T-shirts for the Marian House to help those in need in our community. Questions: Please contact Barbara Green at BarbaraGreen241 at hotmail.com

________________________________

Lenten Fish Fry and Stations of the Cross

The Knights of Columbus will be a hosting Friday fish fry tonight  immediately following the 6pm Stations of the Cross. The price for the dinner is $9.00 per adult, $5.00 per child 3-12 years of age, and children under 3 are free.

________________________________

40 Days for Life

>From February 14 through March 25, you’re invited to join other Christians for 40 Days for Life – 40 days of prayer and fasting for an end to abortion. You’re also invited to stand and peacefully pray during a 40-day vigil in the public right-of-way outside Planned Parenthood at 3480 Centennial Blvd, and also to help spread the word about this important community outreach. If you’d like more information – and especially if you’d like to volunteer to help, please contact: St. Gabriel contact, Angel McGrady at admcgrady at gmail.com or the Diocesan contact, Michele Mason at 719-659-2097, prolifefamilyof15 at gmail.com.

________________________________

Bible Seminar Series

Getting to Know God: As the Prophets Knew Him

Monday, Feb 19 from 6-9pm. St. Nicholas/Vianney Room. All are Welcome.

________________________________

Second Collection This Weekend

This weekend there will be a Second Collection for Black and Indian Missions. The National Black and Indian Mission Collection exists to help Bishops and diocese to build the church in African American, Native American and Alaska Native American Communities. Funding from the collection helps diocese form lay ministers and catechists to spread the Gospel in their own communities. It also encourages your African Americans and Native Americans to give their lives to the Lord as priests, brothers or sisters. Thank you for your generosity.

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Fri: Stations of the Cross 6pm followed by Knights of Columbus Fish Fry.

Sat: Baptism Class 8:30am-12:30pm.

Sat: Spanish Prayer Class 9-11am.

Sat-Sun: Bin Pick Up for Gabriel's Gifts.

Sat-Sun: Second Collection for Black and Indian Missions

Sun: RCIC 9:45-11:15am.

Sun: YSF 9:45-11:15am.

Upcoming Events

Mon, Feb 19: Office Closed for President's Day. No Daily Mass or Confessions.

Mon, Feb 19: Apologetics Course 9-11am.

Mon, Feb 19: Bible Seminar Series 6-9pm.

Mon, Feb 19: The Great Timeline Bible Study 7-9pm.

Tues, Feb 20: The Great Timeline Bible Study 9:30-11:30am.

Wed, Feb 21: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am – 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children’s hour from 4-5 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction   starts at 6:40 pm.

Wed, Feb 21: Magnificat Moms Meeting 9:30-11am.

Wed, Feb 21: Children's Choir 5:15-6pm.

Wed, Feb 21: Dante’s Divine Comedy 7pm.

Wed, Feb 21: Understanding Lenten Practices in Scripture 6:30pm.

Fri, Feb 23: Reading/discussion group for Divine Mercy Prayer Cenacle in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

Fri, Feb 23: Shadow Stations of the Cross at 6pm followed by soup supper.

Sat, Feb 24: Spanish Prayer Class 9-11am.

Sat, Feb 24: Iron Sharpens Iron Men's Breakfast 8:30-10:30am.

Save the Date

Feb 28: Messages and Devotions of Divine Mercy 7-9pm.

March 11: Screenagers 5:45pm.

April 19: REBOOT.

June 18-22: Vacation Bible School

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>