[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Thu Oct 11 11:15:42 PDT 2018

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
October 11, 2018

________________________________

Beacon of Faith Campaign Update

Total intentions to date: $2,045,061.01

Total amount collected to date: $1,002,629.60

There is still time to get your pledge in.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

Chastity Rally Cancelled

Due to low participation, the Chastity Rally this Saturday, October 13th has been cancelled.

________________________________

Roses for Life

The red rose is the international symbol for life. The weekend of 13-14 Oct, St. Gabriel will celebrate Roses for Life. Please take a rose and feel free to make a donation, or take an envelope to donate later. The donations go to Pikes Peak Citizens for Life to be used solely to promote God’s greatest gift –Life! For more information please contact Angel McGrady at admcgrady at gmail.com

________________________________

Health & Safety Team

Do you serve as an Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion, Usher, or Faith Formation volunteer? We have seats available for FREE CPR training and certification October 20th from 9 am to 1 pm inside St Gabriel’s. This will be the final session of the year. Taught by a parishioner who is an American Heart Association certified instructor. All materials provided. Completing the four-hour session results in a two-year AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. Reservations required at chipreny at comcast.net

<mailto:chipreny at comcast.net>

________________________________

HONORING OUR LOVED ONES WHO HAVE DIED

October through November, the Book of Remembrance will be available for you to enter the names of your loved ones who have died.

The Table of Remembrance has been set up in the narthex. You are invited to bring a picture of your departed loved one to place on the table. On Friday, October 26, a Mass will be offered for our deceased loved ones, to be held at 6:00pm. The pictures will be processed in at the beginning of this Mass, and we will pray for these souls. The table will remain up until Nov 5. Please place your name and contact information on the back of your picture, so that it can be returned to you.

________________________________

THANK YOU

Dear St. Gabriel,

Please accept our heartfelt gratitude for your generous Sponsorship of meals at the Marian House Soup Kitchen on Saturday, September 29, 2018. Because of your generosity, 288 warm, nutritious meals were provided to 187 men, 46 women, 24 children and 46 seniors. And, 34 of those individuals received a second entree to help fill their hungry bellies. God bless you! (Someone was also serving a bbq meal in the park right behind the soup kitchen.) It has to warm your hearts to think you provided a hot meal to the most vulnerable in our community. At a time when we are seeing an ever-increasing number of people seeking help, your support is more important than ever. Because of your help, Catholic Charities is able to carry out our mission to provide services to those in need. On behalf of all those we serve in response to Jesus Christ’s call to affirm the value and dignity of each human life, to build solidarity within the community and to advocate for the poor and vulnerable, THANK YOU for supporting our mission!

________________________________

DATE NIGHT: COME JOIN US FOR OKTOBERFEST

When: Friday, October 19th, 2018 from 6pm-8pm

Where: St. Gabriel Four-plex

Who: All married, engaged, or dating couples

Details: Deacon Andy will facilitate a Beloved Series presentation called "A Deeper Unity".

Dress: Lederhosen optional

What to bring: Please bring your favorite Oktoberfest dish and stein to share. Door prizes will be drawn.

Childcare: Will be provided in the overflow rooms across the hallway. Pizza will be provided. If your child has special dietary needs, please provide for them. Please RSVP for childcare by Monday, Oct 15th. Space is limited. RSVP: via evite please, or contact Hector at hrccmc at yahoo.com.

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Fri: Divine Mercy Cenacle 1:30pm.

Sat: Kid Zone 9-11:30am

Sun: RCIC class 9:45-11:15am.

Sun: YSF class 9:45-11:15am

Sun: Financial Peace University 1:30-3:30pm.

Sun: Faith Formation EPIC large group Sunday grades 6-Confirmation and Monday grades 6-7 2:30-4pm.

Upcoming Events

Mon, Oct 15: Bible Seminar 6pm.

Mon, Oct 15: Biblical School 6:30pm.

Mon, Oct 15: James: Pearls for Wise Living Bible Study 7pm.

Tues, Oct 16: ESL Class 9am.

Tues, Oct 16: EPIC: A Journey through Church History Bible Study 9:30am.

Tues, Oct 16: SoulCore 9-10am.

Wed, Oct 17: Eucharistic Adoration as scheduled. Pray the Rosary at 6:00pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:35pm.

Wed, Oct 17: Children's Choir 5:15pm.

Thurs, Oct 18: ESL Class 9am.

Fri, Oct 19: Date Night 6-8pm.

Sat, Oct 20: Spanish and English Baptism Class 8:30am-12:30pm.

Sat, Oct 20: CPR Training 9am-1pm. chipreny at comcast.net

Save the Date

Oct 26: Walk with the Martyrs 5pm-9pm.

Oct 27-28: Olive Wood from Bethlehem for sale at all Masses.

Oct 27: Iron Sharpens Iron Men's Breakfast 8:30-10:30am.

Oct 28: Knights of Columbus Free Breakfast after 8:30am Mass.

Oct 29: Ushers and Health & Safety combined meeting 7pm.

Nov 10: Saint Gabriel Craft Fair 8:30am-3pm.

Nov 17: Men's Conference from 12:30-5pm at Saint Gabriel.

Jan 12,2019: Women's Conference.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>