[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Oct 19 10:12:54 PDT 2018

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
October 19, 2018

________________________________

Beacon of Faith Campaign

The Beacon of Faith Campaign is well on its way. Our campaign will take involvement and participation by all to be a success! Please send in your Commitment Cards as soon as possible so we can know everyone's intentions.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

Walk with the Martyrs

Everyone is invited to the Walk with the Martyrs event on Friday, October 26th .

The schedule is as follows:

 5pm - 6pm Trunk or treat

 6pm - 7pm Mass - bring a picture of a departed loved one for the remembrance table

 7pm - 8pm  Potluck    Last name A-M  main dish

                                                            N-Z side dish or dessert

 8pm - 9pm  Skits about Martyrs preformed by our middle school kids!

 9pm - 12am  Middle School lock in - Food, games, fellowship (registration for lock in required - contact office)

 We hope to see you there!

________________________________

Rosary Prayer

October is the “Month of the Rosary”, and the Knights of Columbus are taking up Pope Francis’ request to offer this beloved prayer.  Members of the Knights will lead the Rosary before the 8:30 AM Mass each week.  Please come a few minutes early to help us build faithful families and communities, and offer your prayer to our Blessed Mother.

Our regular Wednesday rosary will now begin at 6pm followed by Evening Prayer and Benediction at 6:30pm.

The Knights of Columbus will lead the rosary on the 4th Wednesday of every month with our dedicated team leading it the other weeks.  Please join us for prayer.

________________________________

<mailto:chipreny at comcast.net>

<mailto:chipreny at comcast.net>Gabriel’s Gifts this month will benefit Care and Share’s “Send Hunger Packing”

According to U.S.  Census Bureau figures, one-third of children under 18 in El Paso County live in poverty. Many of these children receive free lunch on school days, but go hungry on weekends. The Outreach Committee is partnering with Care and Share to feed these children and their families through the Send Hunger Packing program.  Children enrolled in the program pick up a backpack on Friday containing enough non-perishable food to feed a family of four over the weekend. You can help by picking up a grocery list from the table in the narthex and returning your items next weekend. Thank you for your help!

________________________________

HONORING OUR LOVED ONES WHO HAVE DIED

October through November, the Book of Remembrance will be available for you to enter the names of your loved ones who have died. The Table of Remembrance has been set up in the narthex. You are invited to bring a picture of your departed loved one to place on the table. On Friday, October 26, a Mass will be offered for our deceased loved ones, to be held at 6:00pm. The pictures will be processed in at the beginning of this Mass, and we will pray for these souls. The table will remain up until Nov 5. Please place your name and contact information on the back of your picture, so that it can be returned to you.

________________________________

Bakers Needed

Calling all Bakers, we are in need of baked goods for our  parish Nov. 10th craft fair. Proceeds support all youth mission trips and events. If you can make cookies, cupcakes, bars or sweet breads, we need you. Please contact Gretchen Dunnam at 640-7734 or ydisciples at saintgabriel.net.

________________________________

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Fri: Date Night 6-8pm.

Sat: Spanish and English Baptism Class 8:30am-12:30pm.

Sat: CPR Class 9am-1pm.

Sun: RCIC class 9:45-11:15am.

Sun: YSF class 9:45-11:15am

Sun: Financial Peace University 1:30-3:30pm.

Sun: YDisciples 5:45-7:15pm.

Upcoming Events

Mon, Oct 22: Biblical School 6:30pm.

Mon, Oct 22: James: Pearls for Wise Living Bible Study 7pm.

Tues, Oct 23: ESL Class 9am.

Tues, Oct 23: EPIC: A Journey through Church History Bible Study 9:30am.

Tues, Oct 23: SoulCore 9-10am.

Wed, Oct 24: Magnificat Moms Meeting 9:30-11am.

Wed, Oct 24:Eucharistic Adoration as scheduled. Pray the Rosary at 6:00pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:30pm.

Wed, Oct 24: Children's Choir 5:15pm.

Wed, Oct 24: Knights of Columbus Meeting 7pm.

Thurs, Oct 25:ESL Class 9am.

Fri, Oct 26: Divine Mercy Cenacle after 12:15pm Mass.

Fri,Oct 26: Walk with the Martyrs 5-9pm.

Save the Date

Oct 27-28: Olive Wood from Bethlehem for sale at all Masses.

Oct 27: Iron Sharpens Iron Men's Breakfast 8:30-10:30am.

Oct 28: Knights of Columbus Free Breakfast after 8:30am Mass.

Oct 29: Ushers and Health & Safety combined meeting 7pm.

Nov 10: Saint Gabriel Craft Fair 8:30am-3pm.

Nov 17: Men's Conference from 12:30-5pm at Saint Gabriel.

Jan 12,2019: Women's Conference.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>