[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Oct 26 10:32:10 PDT 2018

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
October 26, 2018

________________________________

Beacon of Faith Campaign

The Beacon of Faith Campaign is well on its way. Our campaign will take involvement and participation by all to be a success! Please send in your Commitment Cards as soon as possible so we can know everyone's intentions.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

Walk with the Martyrs-Tonight!

Everyone is invited to the Walk with the Martyrs event tonight, Friday October 26.

The schedule is as follows:

 5pm - 6pm Trunk or treat

 6pm - 7pm Mass - bring a picture of a departed loved one for the remembrance table

 7pm - 8pm  Potluck    Last name A-M  main dish

                                                            N-Z side dish or dessert

 8pm - 9pm  Skits about Martyrs preformed by our middle school kids!

 9pm - 12am  Middle School lock in - Food, games, fellowship (registration for lock in required - contact office)

 We hope to see you there!

________________________________

Annual Thanksgiving Food Basket drive to support School District 20 families and military

The Outreach Ministry is accepting donations for our annual Thanksgiving Food Basket drive. We will be providing Thanksgiving dinner to families in School District 20 as well as military families in need of assistance. Sign up at the table in the narthex to provide a complete meal or a partial meal. A shopping list for both is available at the sign-up table. Please return your food donations to the narthex by Sunday, November 11.  Thank you for supporting this important program!

________________________________

All Saints Day and All Souls Day Masses

Thursday Nov 1 at 12:15pm and 6:30pm – All Saints Day (holy day of obligation). Friday, Nov 2 at 12:15pm-All Souls Day

________________________________

Bakers Needed

Calling all Bakers, we are in need of baked goods for our  parish Nov. 10th craft fair. Proceeds support all youth mission trips and events. If you can make cookies, cupcakes, bars or sweet breads, we need you. Please contact Gretchen Dunnam at 640-7734 or ydisciples at saintgabriel.net.

________________________________

Rosary Prayer

October is the “Month of the Rosary”, and the Knights of Columbus are taking up Pope Francis’ request to offer this beloved prayer.  Members of the Knights will lead the Rosary before the 8:30 AM Mass each week.  Volunteers are needed to support the other Mass times.  Please contact Gerardo Garcia at bowee072 at aol.com, 808-368-9159, to get on the schedule.  Help us build faithful families and communities, and offer your prayer to our Blessed Mother.

Our regular Wednesday rosary will now begin at 6pm, followed by Evening Prayer and Benediction at 6:30pm.

The Knights of Columbus will lead the rosary on the 4th Wednesday of every month, with our dedicated team leading it the other weeks.  Please join us for prayer.

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Fri: Walk with the Martyrs 5-9pm.

Sat-Sun: Olive Wood from Bethlehem for sale at all Masses.

Sat: Iron Sharpens Iron Men's Breakfast 8:30-10:30am.

Sun: Knights of Columbus Free Breakfast after 8:30am Mass.

Sun: RCIC class 9:45-11:15am.

Sun: YSF class 9:45-11:15am.

Sun: Faith Formation Homeschool Group 12:45-2:15pm.

Sun: Financial Peace University 1:30-3:30pm.

Sun: YDisciples 5:45-7:15pm.

Upcoming Events

Mon, Oct 29: Ushers and Health & Safety combined meeting 7pm.

Mon, Oct 29: James: Pearls for Wise Living Bible Study 7pm.

Tues, Oct 30: ESL Class 9am.

Tues, Oct 30: EPIC: A Journey through Church History Bible Study 9:30am.

Tues, Oct 30: SoulCore 9-10am.

Wed, Oct 31:Eucharistic Adoration as scheduled. Pray the Rosary at 6:00pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:30pm.

Thurs, Nov 1:ESL Class 9am.

Thurs, Nov 1: Office Closed for All Saints Day.

Thurs, Nov 1: All Saints Day. Holy Day of Obligation. Masses at 12:15pm and 6:30pm.

Fri, Nov 2: First Friday Adoration 10am-12pm.

Fri, Nov 2: Cathy Barrett Vigil 6:30pm.

Sat, Nov 3: Altar Server Training 10-11:30am.

Sat, Nov 3: Cathy Barrett Funeral Mass 1pm..

Save the Date

Nov 3-4: Fair Trade Coffee and Chocolate for sale after Masses.

Nov 10: Saint Gabriel Craft Fair 8:30am-3pm.

Nov 17: Men's Conference from 12:30-5pm at Saint Gabriel.

Jan 12,2019: Women's Conference.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>