[St. Gabriel Parish News] St. Gabriel Parish News

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Sep 4 09:51:04 PDT 2020

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish
September 4 2020   (See this weekend’s Bulletin<https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins/send/2-bulletins/2832-september-6-2020>)
________________________________
New Mask Mandate
Effective July 17, 2020, all Colorado residents over the age of 10 are required to wear masks indoors. Please make sure to bring a mask with you when you come to the church building.
________________________________
Mass Schedule
                   English Schedule

·         Daily Mass 7:30am Tuesday – Friday; Daily Confessions – following the 7:30am Mass. Reservation for Mass is no longer required for Daily Mass.

·         Wednesday Adoration 8am-6pm; Rosary, Evening Prayer, Benediction begins at 5pm.

·         First Friday Adoration 8am-12pm.

·         Saturday Mass 4pm; Saturday Confessions 2:30-3:30pm.

·         Sunday Masses 8:00am and 10:00am-both in the Nave.

    Spanish Schedule

·         Wednesday Spanish Mass 7pm; Confession before Mass at 6:30pm.

·         Saturday Spanish Mass 7pm; Confessions before Mass at 6:30pm.

·         Sunday Spanish Mass 1:00pm; Confession before Mass at 12:30pm.

·         Spanish Holy Hour 2nd Thursday of the Month-7pm.

No daily Mass sign ups on Eventbrite – You will still need to sign in on the sign in sheet with name and telephone number.
Eventbrite sign up still needed for weekend Masses only. English Mass – Sign Up (Click Here)<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mass-rsvp-english-tickets-105181783546>  or Spanish Mass – Sign UP (Click Here)<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mass-rsvp-spanish-tickets-105417839596>

Sunday Mass will continue to be available online on Sunday after 10:00am (English or Spanish)
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>
Offertory Donations: Your continued offertory support can be mailed, dropped off in the church mailbox, or use our online portal. Online Giving<https://giving.parishsoft.com/app/giving/stg8755101>
________________________________
[cid:image003.jpg at 01D682A8.ECC79DF0]New Construction
Starting to see the beginning of the Adoration Chapel. Below you will find a list of proposed relics that will be in these two display cabinets.
Relics include: The Blessed Virgin’s Veil, True Cross, Thread from Shroud, House of Loretto, St. Joachim, St. Anne, St. Pius X, St. Padre Pio, St. Mother Teresa, St. Anthony Mary Claret, St. Maria Goretti, St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows.
If you would like to help support our Furnishings & Fixtures campaign please take a look at the letter from Fr. Kirk and brochure that came in the mail this week or visit our website. Call Marc Lanning in the office for more information on how you can help.

Healing for our Country
Bishop Shelton J. Fabre of Houma-Thibodaux, chairman of the USCCB Ad Hoc Committee Against Racism:
“We stand in solidarity with Archbishop Jerome E. Listecki of Milwaukee, which serves the City of Kenosha, who earlier this week said, ‘Violence can never be the means to attain peace and justice. The Church stands as a beacon of hope. The sins of violence, injustice, racism, and hatred must be purged from our communities with acts of mercy, with the protection and care for the dignity of every human person, with respect for the common good, and with an unwavering pursuit of equality and peace.’ We urge all people of faith to observe the Feast of St. Peter Claver on September 9 as a day of fasting and prayer.

Please join us on the Feast of St. Peter Claver, Wednesday, Sept. 9, for Rosary and Evening Prayer for the sake of healing in our country during this time of racial tension.  Rosary will be at 5:00 PM, with Evening Prayer following at 5:30 PM.

Explore what the Church teaches, at usccb.org/committees/ad-hoc-committee-against-racism.

Second Collection Next Weekend
The annual Pontifical Good Friday Collection is mandated by the Holy Father to be taken up in every Catholic parish. This year because of the Covid-19 pandemic the collection at parishes worldwide was rescheduled to the weekend of September 13, 2020. With your support, the Franciscans and other ministers in parishes in the Holy Land, provide formation and education, build homes and feed the hungry. The sacred shrines in the Holy Land are maintained so pilgrims can walk in the footsteps of Jesus. And in these times of war and instability, they provide humanitarian aid.  Your generosity is a sign of hope. We stand in solidarity as instruments of peace with the Church in the Holy Land. Keeping Christianity alive in the Holy Land is a vital mission. Holy Land Christians, along with all of the clergy and religious who serve there, deeply appreciate your help.